Trust

After 3 days of being ghosted by my girlfriend, the moment finally came where I could actually get to see her face to face. Indeed it was finally Monday, and we shared philosophy class during first period... even though last time we talked it was terrible, I'm definitely going to get her forgiveness today. I'm gonna leave the uncle Aaron topic out of the table because it would make no sense to lie and make her believe that she was right but if I try to defend my uncle again we're both going to end up arguing again. It was never a good solution to ignore the problem but that's my last straw, we can work it out I know it. I spent my entire weekend overthinking everything and coming up with different ideas to greet her, since we got together I've never been away from her for more than 24 hours and my whole being was feeling her absence, but I will make things right... after all uncle Aaron said that every couple had to go there, we'll comeback stronger I know it.

I was currently waiting in front of the classroom as most students were already inside but Gwen hadn't showed up yet and it was going to ring in just 5 minutes. I looked at my phone screen to check the time once more and started tapping my foot on the floor, 5 minutes was never going to be enough to at least start my apology. As I raised my head sighing, I saw her approaching in slow steps provoking an immediate smile on my face. I let out a brief chuckle, and once she was close to me I cleared my throat.

Hey Gwen, um I bought you a croissant thought you might be hungry ? I clumsily started. She stopped her steps right in front of me, and looked in my eyes, not hiding that she was annoyed. You don't want it ? That's okay, it's not even good anyways. I shrugged along with an awkward chuckle, but she clearly wasn't having it, so I stopped talking, clearing my throat yet again. She was making me kind of nervous right now because I got the idea that she didn't want to talk to me. But isn't she right..

You're in front of the door. She made me noticed, implying that she wanted to enter the classroom so I took a step aside.

My bad, but it didn't ring yet you know we have time to... my voice slowly faded as she totally ignored me and went to sit next to someone. What about our usual seat ? I whispered to myself before I exhaled.

As if she would like to sit next to you Miles wake up. I told myself before I took lazy steps there and slumped in my chair. The professor finally entered the class and started the lesson.

• • •

During the whole two hours, Gwen hadn't even turned once to at least glance at me as I was watching her the whole time. Is she giving me the silent treatment ? No way. I'd rather her screaming at me than ignoring my being. I sighed, diving my head into my crossed arms. Why did it all have to go wrong. It's so frustrating, and I've said those stupid nonsense unnecessary hurtful words and I can't take it back. But what was I thinking ? Getting her forgiveness was never going to be easy.

The bell finally rung and I immediately jumped off my chair looking at where she was sitting but it was already empty. Dang she flee out of here.. I ran outside to catch her, indeed I saw her back as she was probably walking to her locker or something, we had a 10 minutes break before the next class and I was definitely going to take advantage of it. I have to let her know that I haven't given up on us and that I was sorry.

Gwen ! I called, but she as expected ignored it and didn't even stopped her walk. I sighed and rapidly went to her, holding her wrist to stop her.

She stopped and in a harsh move she snatched her hand from mine.

What's your problem Miles ? She furrowed her eyebrows finally looking at me again. Seems like it was hard for her to not talk to me, but it was most likely because she was annoyed by me and not because she wanted to.