Would you mind eat with me and my friends ?

I was currently in biology class trying to write each important words the teacher was saying, I attempted on keeping my focus but my minds were still on my conversation with Miles yesterday. Everything feels a lot more easy and.. positive since we started being friends, I like talking to him everything is so easy and calming. He truly is a good friend from the least I've seen of him, he makes me want to do friends again, he makes me want to believe in people. He's just proving my father's words in fact.

The first period went way faster than I expected and I was about to go to the rooftop when I felt my phone vibrating.

Hey Gwen, where u eatin today?

rooftop like usual

So thats where u've been hidin

anyways would u mind eat with me and my friends?

Yea why not?

I hope it won't be awkward

I replied before closing my phone and sighing. Miles looks popular as hell, his friends table must be counting so many people.. I shook my intrusive thoughts away and started walking to the cafeteria. Once I took my plate, I started looking for Miles on the different tables targeting those where I could see a large friends groups guessing he'd most likely be there.

Hello new blonde student from last week ! Do you remember me ? My name is Pavitr, I guess you are the one my friend is so obsessed with ! He chuckled.

Your friend ? I asked confused.

Yes, Miles ! He said pointing at a table where I could see Miles was seating with a small circle counting just 3 people.

Oh so you're-

Yes, his friend ! Let's go he's been waiting for you and the rest of the crew have been impatient to meet you ! He stated slightly pushing my back to advise me to walk.

What do you mean, why would they be 'impatient' to meet me ? I asked even more confused, I didn't know them ! Miles never told me about his friends ! We finally arrived to the table and all eyes were on me making me clear my throat. Hi I'm Gwen and it's nice to meet you, I awkwardly said.

I'm glad you could make it. Miles said to me with a warm smile and I had to return it, come sit down here ! He patted the sit beside him on the edge of the table. It was a table for 6, a bench with 3 places on one side and 3 on the other.

Hey Gwen, my name is Gayatri we've heard a lot about you. A girl said to me with a welcoming smile once I sat down.

Oh how much ? I turned my face looking at Miles with a smirk.

Oh not that much, Miles shrugged scrubbing his hair. I looked at him raising my eyebrow with a 'you sure?' look.

Everytime he had an interaction with you he'd tell us, one guy laughed. He was sitting next to Miles on the bench.

Shut up Ganke.. Miles exhaled rolling his eyes but this was all amusing to me.

Go on, I encouraged.

My name's Ganke by the way, I'm Miles' roommate and bestest friend ! He said punching Miles' shoulder. I think I should let you know how happy he was when you gave him your number ! He faked a whisper bringing his face closer to mine.

That never happened bro eat your rice ! Miles said pushing him back into his place. You're exaggerating.

He's not, another girl giggled. Miles was even showing off on a date with me because he had your number. She said looking at me in the eyes and her words took me aback. So it's the one girl he texted during class ? Miles' girlfriend.. my name is Margo by the way, she then smiled.

Can y'all stop overacting and eat your lunch ?? it's not what they're making it look like.. Miles said to me and I looked at him with a smile.

I like your company too. I whispered to him.

• • •

The lunch with Miles' friend was surprisingly good to me, I had a great time with them, they all got an endearing and unique vibe, and I love the mood of their crew. The bell had ring already and Miles was taking me to class as he had a free hour.

So... lunch was good ?

Yea I really liked your friends, I smiled at him as we were walking side to side

Cool ! Maybe you won't mind coming again tomorrow at 12 right ? He offered and I nodded with a chuckle. Hey you free tonight ? He suddenly asked clearing his throat and looking away. I was about to answer positively but I suddenly remembered that I had something else to handle.

Oh, I can't tonight.. but let's say tomorrow ? What do you wanna do ?

I- I don't know, thought we could hang out.. he said rubbing his neck his eyes everywhere but on me. Is he being shy right now ? I thought with a little smile, that's cute though. Y'know I've got a cool spot I think you'll like, he added

Then tomorrow, 5pm ?

Yup, let's meet at the schoolyard near the fountain. He said with a wink letting me in my classroom as we were in front of the door.

See you Miles. I waved at him, I was strangely looking forward to this 'date'. I was kind of stressed today knowing what I'll have to do tonight but Miles helps me calm my soul, he's like a remedy.