Flashbacks & Feelings

So this is your room. Gwen said looking around.

It's just my childhood room actually don't mind all the stuff in here. I shrugged trying to sound cool while hiding all the comics and toys. I handed her a pasteles and she gladly took it biting in it.

That's actually good ! She said surprised.

Why you doubted it ? I joked.

Of course not, she chuckled still walking around. Are those your drawings ? She asked grabbing my drawing book and my eyes opened wide and I took it away from her clearing my throat.

Yeah but it's been a while since I last drew you know..

Let me see what's inside ! She said presenting her hand expecting me to hand her the book.

It's nothing worthy really just some drawings I did as a kid ! I tried to excuse hiding it behind my back.

That's why you hide it huh ? She said before pinching my arms and as I flinched she quickly grabbed it from my hand. She turned around and started leafing through it.

Gwen ! I tried to stop her before she saw it but it was too late. I collapsed on the chair behind me exhaling. I've drawn her like 5 times and she just seen it all.. so embarrassing.

Glad to see that I missed you that much. She joked sitting on my bed. It's not a self-compliment but those drawings of me are really beautiful.

You are beautiful ! I bluntly said looking at her right in the eyes. I let out a sigh when I realised I just said that out loud. I mean... yeah...

Come here. She said taping the spot next to her with her right hand. I stood up and sat next to her and started playing with my fingers. She slowly placed her head on my shoulder and let out a breath. You know Miles I think I should be honest with you now.. she whispered.

About what ? I asked curious.

You wanted to know about Peter right ? She then said and my eyes opened wide, I didn't expect that, I didn't expect she would be the one to open up about it, but it's how it should be and it's better.

You sure you wanna tell me ?

I am... she sighed. Her hand then opened and I guessed it was a signal for me to take it so I intertwined our fingers and started to slowly stroke the back of her hand advising her to talk. She took a deep breath and after some seconds started talking. Peter was my best friend. She started and I right away noticed that she used « was » but decided to say nothing about it. We knew each other since elementary school because my father knew his aunt May so we kind of grew up together. We were always together like every single day so when I joined a band for fun at the beginning of high school two years ago, he was saying I abandoned him for them.. I kept on denying because he counted for me... a lot, a lot more than anyone else. Life went on, I thought we were fine again until I learned he was on drugs. I could see her frown. And I hated it. One day... we were supposed to have a sleepover at my house as our parents were absent but he didn't come, so I went to his house...

[flashback]

It was the third time this week Peter cancelled our plans, this time he made me wait for like two hours and I'm not going to let it slide, so I decided to go to his house and have a word with him. Since he was on drugs, he wasn't the same anymore !