Can I...

Yo Gwen I'm in front of the school doors where r u?

I looked at Miles' message letting out a sigh. My eyes then turned to him as I saw him standing like he said in front of the school door. I was watching him from behind one of the school buildings. My head feels like a storm and my heart feels so heavy since yesterday night. Margo's confession... would it be right if I went with him ? I know I see him as more than just a friend, and probably him too. I mean he said that to me Thursday. I shouldn't go. Just yesterday I was thinking we weren't ready, but Margo's confession made me feel kind of threatened. I mean I don't know what they both do when we're not with the rest of the group, he may have feelings for her and I'm totally wrong about how I think he sees me. Maybe he meant 'more' as in he'd like to be my best friend ? Either way it wouldn't be right towards Margo to just go with him now that I know she likes him. She might get jealous..

Gwen u comin?

The notification popped up and when I saw his message, I turned my eyes back to him. The puzzled and worried look on his face made me bite my lip. I was just about to give up ! But I can't do that to him. And to myself. Would I like it if he did the same things he does with me with Margo ? I shook my thought away and texted him back.

Sorry I'll be here in a minute

I'm sorry Margo... I mentally thought before walking to him.

Hey Miles don't be sad I wouldn't leave you. I said with a smirk before taping his chest once I was close enough to him.

I knew that of course.. he awkwardly chuckled rubbing the back of his head. He had another hand hiding behind his back which made me curious.

What are you hiding ?

Oh that ? Nothin really I just saw that yesterday and thought you'd like it.. he shrugged handing a small plastic bag to me. I took it and immediately opened it. A smile formed itself on my face as I saw two pink drum sticks. I let out a chuckle.

That's cute. I said looking at him, but even more that's useful as hell. I added and he smiled back.

You know the school's one looks boring and are damaged, I bought that thinkin you could play a piece for me ? He hesitantly asked. Yeah last time I played drums and he was here, it didn't end up quite well. I chuckled and nodded.

I'll do that. I assured him. Thank you Miles, I said kissing his cheek earning a faint gasp from him which made me giggle, his reactions are too cute I swear. Let's go ? I offered and finally getting back to reality he nodded, his hand on the cheek I just pecked.

Yea let's take the bus. He said walking next to me.

• • •

During the bus ride we listened to each other's favorite songs as it was kind of our thing now I guess. We had different music tastes as I liked more Pop-Rock and Pop music and he was into Hip Hop/Rap, Latino Urbano and Afro Beat music, but I loved the songs he made me listen to. After a 20 minutes travel because we missed 2 stops and had to walk the way back we finally arrived.

Arcade ? Dope. I smiled entering the building.

Right ? He confirmed following me. I got plenty coins so... bon appétit. He chuckled opening another small bag with at least three handful of coins in it.

Looks like we're gonna have a good time.

We played Pac-Man and Tetris the unmissable and I never knew I was that bad at Tetris. I couldn't finish even one level ! We then went to Mario Kart, I never lose at this game so I beat Miles being first position as he was 4th. I had a good training with my father.. we tried Donkey Kong, a zombie game which was funny as hell because Miles wouldn't stop yelping. We did another race bike game and at last I miserably lost to Miles at the basketball game (where he set a new records by the way) but he let me win the next game.

One banana split and one peanut butter cup please. I asked the cashier.

That'd be 17,98$ please. She asked and I paid before going to sit at the table with Miles.

Thank you again for payin. He said as soon as I sat down.

It's nothing honestly, you did the most. I smiled. Thanks for this evening Miles. I genuinely said and he smiled back looking into my eyes. Our hands were wandering on the cold table and I was hesitant to take his hand. I mean it was cold and I wanted to feel his warmth so...

Here's your Sundae, bon appetit. The cashier interrupted and I cleared my throat before nodding thank you at her. After a second of silence I heard Miles taking his breath eyes closed before taking the initiative of grabbing my hand.

Is your dad a thief ? He bluntly asked out of nowhere looking at me dead serious in the eyes and I frowned confused.

What ? I scoffed taking a spoon of my sundae.

Because the sky is, I mean the stars are... shoot... he stuttered and looked confused himself. Oh I mean he stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes. He confidently said and I was taken aback. I didn't know if I should laugh. I didn't want to but I couldn't help and started laughing.

What... why would you say that Miles it's so cheesy... I said. My tummy heart from laughing. I saw him getting uncomfortable as he started faking a chuckle so I tried to stop. Sorry, thank you I guess ? That's a compliment right ? But my dad is a cop.

Oh yea right ? I guessed he wasn't really a thief... he awkwardly chuckled. That wasn't my idea, my uncle told me to say this. He accused clearing his throat making me chuckle, he's so clumsy it's cute. I won't do it again, promise, you can laugh honestly that was lame. He then admitted laughing at himself.

Then tell me something that isn't from your uncle. I put both my palms under my cheeks and looked at him directly in the eyes.

I... like your eyes, I think they're very beautiful and... I think you got a cute laugh, you're funny and I love your company. He confessed and I couldn't lie that went straight to my heart. We stayed silent for a minute contemplating each other's face and I took my breath as well.

I think you're an amazing person. I said. My hands was still in his and I could feel him gently stroking it. I couldn't imagine getting close to someone again but you came in... and it was definitely one of the best decision in my life to let you. I smiled being completely sincere.

I'm glad to hear that. He nodded. Well maybe we should eat our ice creams before it melts ? He offered looking down at his sundae, but I couldn't take my eyes off him. I think... I really think I like him. Like my heart beats fast when I'm with him and he makes me feel light... I don't know.

Say Miles... do you like Margo ? I bluntly asked watching him eat.

What ? It's the second time you been asking me about her. He chuckled. I told you Margo's my best friend. I like her that way only. He shrugged. I felt bad for her, not because Miles didn't like her back, but because I felt relieved, and I wanted to take advantage of this. Oh man I'm such a horrible friend.

You don't go on dates with her do you ?

Is that a questioning ? He said lifting his eyes to me dropping his spoon. I don't do dates with my friends, I just go out with them but yeah it happened that we went out just the both of us... but never like this. He assured. What's wrong Gwen ? He then asked.

Nothing... I sighed starting to eat my sundae again.

Since you question me bout my best friend I guess I can ask you.. who's Peter ? He said and I know he didn't mean to be rude but I wasn't ready to mention him. In fact just hearing his name made me tear up. I sighed and shook my head. He looked frustrated but said nothing and I took a deep breath closing my eyes. I swiped my tears with my hand then opened my eyes again.

I have one last question. I said clearing my throat and biting my lip.

Margo related I guess.. he scoffed. Do you like her or something cause-

Can I kiss you ?