Just in love

Miles and I immediately jumped away separating each other when the door of his room barged open.

Dios mío Miles I've been calling you for 10 minutes !

It was his mother. I let out a sigh of relief, damn she almost caught us... it could have been anyone else though I'm glad it's us because how would I explain the others why Miles and I are in his room alone.

Mom why do you always forget to knock before you enter my room ! Miles complained and she scoffed.

Mi casa mis reglas, I'm still cleaning the mess you leave here everyday little man. What are you two doing here anyways ?

— We were... having a debate about cereals. You know she likes to put the milk first. He whispered and both me and his mother hit him with a 'you serious' look.

— The paella is ready mijo, everyone is waiting for you. She then said preferring to ignore what he said.

You could've just called me mom.. he sighed.

What did I just hear ? She eyed him and he gulped.

Nothin, we comin in a minute. He said with a forced smile.

Ah, excuse me I didn't introduce myself properly earlier I'm Gwen Stacy. I smiled reaching out my hand for her to shake it. She didn't take it but instead grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug.

Bienvido a la casa Morales. She said with a warm smile. Miles you go down now and get the plates, your dad is coming home soon and I will leave at 9 for my night shift .

Isn't 9 too late ? Miles asked. Let's go Gwen, he then offered with a head sign and we headed downstairs.
I looked at his back as we were walking down the stairs and couldn't hold back a smile knowing I was now his girlfriend. I followed him to the garden where a dinner table was set with all our friends and some older persons sat talking. Keep me a sit beside you, I'mma go pick up the plates. He whispered in my ear and I nodded going to sit down at the end of the table greeting the adults in the way.

I was sitting in front of Ganke and Margo was right beside him. I was pretty stressed being close to her knowing I kind of backstabbed her many times.

Hey where were you ? We've been searching you for like 10 minutes !

Miles was showing me around, I think if you really searched you could've find us though. I said in an amused tone.

He didn't moved his butt from this chair. Margo informed me confirming my thoughts but I couldn't keep an eye contact with her as I felt guilty. Should I tell her everything ?

Yo remove your hands from the table I gotta place all the plates ! Miles arrived yelling with his hands full as everyone started to laugh. Here, here... he said placing the plates.

You had quite a tough mission huh ? I joked when he sat next to me after he finished distributing.

I'm so used to it, he laughed looking into my eyes and I swear if we were alone I would have kissed him right here right now.

Can you feel this romantic atmosphere ! Pavitr commented all excited.

I can honestly they radiate more than us. Gayatri added joking but cleared her throat when she saw Margo's facial expression. She looked quite sad but said nothing and tried to smile it off.