The best version of myself

After he introduced himself, he started performing an original song hyping up the audience to the maximum, everyone was going crazy and chanting his name. I smirked satisfied of what he had to offer, refreshing punk rock solo. He managed to make a great production even alone. Just watching him, you can feel his power, passion, talent and confidence. At the moment I was nothing but an admirer before his presence. When he later finished I started clapping along with everyone else as he stick out his tongue looking around. His eyes finally came to me and he looked surprised as I gave him two thumbs up, he answered by lifting his fist in the air and slowly disappeared of the stage. That was truly amazing, it filled me up honestly I think I need some fresh air and maybe I'll call Miles to know if everything's good with his grandparents. I took a step ahead to exit the building but a hand gripped my wrist. I turned around frowning and pulled of my hand of whatever filthy hand it was caught in.

Don't be so aggressive baby girl ! A random old man chuckled eying me up and down as I glared at him.

Don't call me that, go to girls your age.. if any is interested in that.. I scoffed. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked upset by my comment. Oh oops did I hurt your feelings old man ? I sarcastically said before walking away, I hate this type of man.

What did you just say ? He asked gripping my hair. I hissed in pain and grabbed his arm with both my hands.

Let go. I sternly said.

Or what ? He chuckled.

Kick him in the balls, I heard a voice from behind and didn't even hesitate throwing a hard kick in between his legs. He grunted as he let go of my hair and I felt another hand taking my wrist, this time pulling me behind.

What now ! I yelled but relaxed when I saw it was Hobie in front of me. Oh how lucky, the UK guitarist, I scoffed. I guess that advice was from you. I said.

Sure was. He smirked. What are you doing around here Gwendy, it's the first time I see you without your boy. He said taking a pen to play with it. I noticed he took it from beside a paper where I guess lyrics were written.

I just came to pay a visit.. I used to play here. I informed him as he nodded. You were impressive up there by the way, Hobart. I said with a smirk.

Ah yeah about that, only my friends can call me Hobie that's why I go by Hobart. He explained returning the smirk. I like your Chucks. He commented his eyes going down. I followed his look and nodded.

I like it too.

You were about to leave before this mentally underdeveloped old man came in the picture. He joked as I rolled my eyes. But, he started, I see you got more than a simple « like » about music. He noticed mimicking quotation mark with his fingers.

It's my passion. I admitted with a nod, and seeing you on the scene ? You nailed it, it was inspiring and I enjoyed it a lot. I honestly added.

I'm glad we both agree that I'm a god when I enter the scene. He narcissistically said as I chuckled.

I hope one day you fall on stage. I joked. But more seriously, how did you get so good ? I curiously asked.

I played my all life, I had a tough life and it inspired me. He said.

So what makes you this good is experience ?

What is this an interview ?

Just answer, I replied rolling my eyes. He scoffed before nodding his head.

Not only the experience, I'm a genius. He added, and he sounded so confident.

As a fellow musician, I'd like to ask for some tips..

Why not but you play drums right ? Play me a lil piece just so I can see your level. He requested as I sighed.

I would but there's no drum set here.

I have one at my house, never used it. He shrugged. Wanna come over ? He asked. If it's okay with your boyfriend of course. He added lifting both his hands in surrender. I still can't believe Miles has a girlfriend, this little kid ? He spoke to himself laughing as I shook my head.

He's amazing. I commented. Well I guess we should head out if you want to hear it, last time i checked Miles isn't my father.. I offered pointing the door with my head. He nodded and we started walking out.

• • •

Your house is very... you. I spoke looking around, it was a small apartment with many posters, musical instruments and 4 rooms. You live alone ? I asked following him.

I do, I don't have parents. He said as I looked at his back surprised. I wanted to say « I'm sorry » but he's clearly not the type of person who want to hear that. Here's my drum set, feel free to give 100% of yourself. He smiled sitting on the arm of the couch.

I cleared my throat and went in front of it, taking a seat as well and using the two sticks that were already here. I was ready to start when I felt my phone vibrating inside my pocket. I took it out to see Miles was calling and I was hesitating on taking the call. If I answered we would talk for hours..

You should take it. Hobie spoke looking at my screen. I smiled but shook my head.

I'll call him back later... I said putting my phone on silent mode and leaving it on the couch. I then started playing an original piece I once offered to my band but they said it was too personal, I think now is the moment to get personal, I've never been so invested in something and I hope he sees it. When I finished and looked up at him, he was just nodding.

You got talent, a lot of talent. He stated. But you also got too much emotion, that you haven't channeled yet. And that transmits in your work because I hear a good piece, but it's a dissonant mix of emotions at what point. He added as I took everything in note in my head. God definitely put this man in my life to help me. We started talking and debating for an hour as he explained me many things, showed me how to do certain others, even without playing much drums, he was still so good that he could teach me some things. He was an excellent teacher and in one hour I learned more than I ever did before. This man can push me to the best version of myself in terms of musicality.

Do you think I can come back another time ? I'd like to perfect my style.

Usually I'd say no but I see your great potential. He nodded with an encouraging smile. Go home, I'll text you. He said.

‼️👉🏽 (❌❤️🔺)
Please understand what this means😭⬆️⬆️

Anyways since y'all asked, here is a second chapter.. what do you think will happen next ?
Please vote and comment see u next time🫶🏽