Is it over ?

The thief that assassinated my best friend... I had to deal with him for one more year... and I still am. And that man... turns out to be your uncle.

I admitted it all, everything I had on my chest, eyes now closed, as I awaited his reaction. But there was nothing, for a whole minute, so I hesitantly opened my eyes and timidly looked up to see Miles with a devastated face. I could read the lack of understanding, denial, fear and shock in his eyes. He clearly had trouble taking in the news. He shook his head, having a hard time to breath and put his hands on my shoulder as our eyes met again.

Gwen you... you're alright ? You had to deal with that for a whole year ? He asked panting as his eyes got teary, almost like he could feel my pain. I but my lip, nodding. He would always put me first, asking me if I was alright when he truly was in pain. He suddenly pulled me in for a tight hug as I closed my eyes hugging him back. It was just what I needed at this moment. That's the secret you've been hiding... he paused as I moved my head deeper in his neck. Don't worry now, everything's gonna be alright... he whispered in my ear as I tightened my grip on him.

Thank you Miles... I whispered back. Now we only had to find a way to get rid of his uncle.

Or that's what I wished would happen. That's how I wanted things to got at that moment, but instead...

What the fuck are you saying ? Miles exclaimed with a frown, as he looked at me like I had lost my minds. I squeezed my lips searching for a way to make him understand I wasn't just pulling a prank on him. Listen Gwen if you're not feeling right we should go. He tried to rationalized but I shook my head, he didn't want to understand.

I know that sounds crazy Miles but you have to believe me. I genuinely said looking at him right in the eyes. I could see he was unsettle for a second but he quickly brushed it off.

Gwen are you even hearing yourself come on stop that... he said in a low chuckle but I could see he was slowly getting impatient.

He just told me to stay away from you, he's lying to you Miles he's a criminal ! I explained my eyes wandering everywhere, as if a proof would pop up, I was desperate to have him believe me. He's the one that keep reminding me of that trauma ! He killed my best friend ! I added my voice cracking under the emotion.

You realise how messed up you sound right now ? Why are you saying this all of a sudden ? What's wrong with you ? He scoffed quickly pulling his hand off mine as I gasped. I tried to take it back but he stepped away eying me.

You have to believe me... please. I begged him trying to reach his hurt at least if his minds were blocked but clearly he wasn't trusting any of my words and furrowed his eyebrows.

My uncle is literally the one person that was always there for me my whole life, when I was down, and when I was at my greatest ! He said pointing at me. You can't just come and say those crazy things out of nowhere ! He accused as he shook his head, disappointed. That's the last thing I wanted to see in his eyes, and I didn't want him to lose trust in me.

He's a killer Miles ! I tried to convince him but he just took a deep breath.

Don't ever call my uncle that. He coldly replied as I stood there helpless. He undeniably loved his uncle, and it hurts me to know that and look like the villain here but he needed to understand I am just trying to save him, to save us.

Miles please listen to me please, I muttered trying to not let tears blur my vision. You are the only person I have ever told the truth... it was eating me alive, I need you right now Miles... I can't tell my father-