Girl talk

Oh, hi Gwen, Margo offered me an hesitant smile added to an awkward waving sign as I was still staring at her baffled, I didn't expect her here but she clearly didn't expect me here as well apparently. And for some reasons, Margo being present made me think this conversation would feel odd and most likely be awkward, but mainly because I would be reluctant on talking in front of her. My trust in her isn't fully back yet and I don't know how she could take these news.

Hey ! I answered in a wanna be cheerful tone.

After that, there was a silence for a whole good minute, Gayatri repeatedly looking at me then at Margo, and the sound of the TV was all that could be heard.

Man this tension ! It's disrupting my game ! Pavitr exclaimed, his face quickly turning in a movement to glance at us.
Gayatri cleared her throat, dismissing his comment before she got to the stairs.

So you're coming up Gwen ? She invited, I gulped, starting to wonder if it was a good idea after all to be here. I could just snick into Hobie's apartment for a change...

Are you okay ? I then heard Margo's voice, my eyes connecting with hers I immediately felt guilt because I could see she was getting uncomfortable with all the staring from me and the sudden mood change when she stepped in. I don't want her to feel bad just because my intrusive thoughts are making wild assumptions, it isn't fair !

I am ! I replied, delivering a more sincere smile before I stood up, following them in the stairs. Gayatri smiled back before she led the way upstairs.

Pavitr if you're going to sleep here please recite the Ratrisukta two to three times for Gahan he has nightmares ! She informed him, speaking loud enough so he could hear.

I don't have nightmares ! Her brother argued in a rather high pitched voice.

You've been trying to sleep in my bed since we watched Insidious.. She squeezed her lips.

In his defence, that movie is really scary. I defended.

• • •

So... are we supposed to be talking about something specifically...? Margo carefully asked, as she watched both me and Gayatri with wrinkled eyes. I let out a sigh, sitting more comfortably. For whatever reasons, the three of us had sit down cross legged on the floor forming a perfect triangle.

Yea I... I owe you an explanation for just.. popping out of nowhere without asking. I started, clearing my throat again. This time it was my turn to glance at both the girls, my look being more heavy on Margo.

I don't want to make you uncomfortable Gwen- she started, my eyes flicked open as I realised I was looking at her for too long.

No, my bad. Sorry, I'm the one making this awkward actually.. I admitted in a giggle.

No I understand you're reluctant with being open with me but just know I'm... I really want to be a good friend for you now. She said, adding a reassuring smile.

Okay then... if we're having a girl's talk, I have to state it's about Miles actually. I could sense both their attention suddenly went higher level as their eyebrows furrowed. We broke up. I simply announced, and as if I dropped a bomb, the two of them gasped, lips parted.

What happened ? You guys were so cute !

I mean yeah, it should've lasted longer ! Margo backed up Gayatri's word supporting her opinion. I chuckled at their reaction before explaining myself, of course I had to... remix the story, I had to make it believable but not just throw in their faces the whole accident and context behind all of that. Like « you know his fucking uncle killed my best friend last year » But I wanted to keep it partly honest so I kept the big lines and the main problem of our break up : trust issues and disrespect.