Mona Lisa

It was 5:35 pm, and I was impatiently waiting for Gwen to come while sitting on the border of the school fountain. I came 20 minutes early just in case and honestly am starting to freak out cause, what if she doesn't come ? I looked at the time on my phone screen sighing one more time as I was repeatedly taping my foot on the floor.

Hey Miles, sorry for the wait. I heard her voice in my ear from behind me and jumped in surprise.

Gwen ! You came ! I awkwardly chuckled.

I did. She smiled, so, what are we doing ? She asked looking around her.

Getting out of here. I smirked regaining my confidence. I stood up and notified her to follow me with a head sign. She started walking next to me and we left the school.

Where are we going ? She asked me hands in her pockets.

A cool thinking spot. I said. The Williamsburgh Bank building. I added with confidence, I looked at her and she looked confused which made me chuckle.

• • •

You do know it's currently under reconstruction right ? What do you want us to do inside ? She asked, she was so confused it was adorable and funny at the same time. We finally arrived in front of the building, and indeed it was under construction, but I knew that of course.

Who talked about being inside ? Trust the process Gwen. I assured her. She just shrugged it off and continued to follow me.

Hey Lamar, I said taping the shoulder of one of the worker. He turned around and his face lightened when he saw me.

Miles ! It's been a minute what's good ? You still at that elitist school ? He asked rubbing my hairs like the old man he was, I just nodded kind of embarrassed of this happening in front of Gwen. What you doing here ?

I came with a friend actually, was wondering if you'd let us get to the top of the building ?

Oh man you know that's risky you shouldn't tell much people that I'm allowing you to go up there.. he sighed putting his hands on his hips. He looked like he was going to refuse but his eyes went to Gwen. Hold on is that Gwen ? He asked and I facepalmed. Damn uncle Aaron couldn't keep it shut..

Um hello, yea I'm Gwen.. she said walking next to me and handshaking him. Do I know you ?

Oh no you don't it's just we're all aware Miles got his eye on you that's all Aaron been talkin bout lately. He laughed.

Ahhh anyways Lamar can we go up or nah ? I exclaimed dismissing the conversation. Wayyy too embarrassing.

Of course you can, he chuckled.
He brought us up at the top of the building with his scissor lift. My shift finishes at 8:30 so make sure to be done until then, I'll come to pick you back up ! He said and I just nodded. You got this lil man. He hit my shoulder and winked. Why are old man so embarrassing. But I just nodded it off because anyways he was sending me positive energy.

A lot of your acquaintances know about me.. Gwen said with a smirk and I tried to laugh it off but it was just awkward.

Well okay okay, in all honesty I mentioned you a tiny bit to my uncle Aaron, he enjoyed himself and told all his friends.. I sighed. We started walking to the border.