Home address

It's been two weeks and I haven't left my house yet, most of the time I'd even only be in my room. Dad would come here with a bowl of cereals or milk and bread every morning then would hug me. He'd ask « do you need more time » and I'd just silently nod. It's been like that for fifteen consecutive days, I haven't even opened my phone yet, it's probably out of battery but who cares. During the day, I would only eat, play drums, then listen to some sad music on a mp3 while laying in my bed. Miserable much.

In fact I was still trying to calm down, these events shook me and I couldn't stop trembling all day during the following days. I thought I was about to lose Miles too. I have never been so scared, I was scared he'd shoot Miles, I was scared to lose him, because he was trying to protect me. I clenched my fist and stood up of my bed getting out of my room heading to the bathroom. In the way I saw my father standing in the kitchen, making breakfast in slow movements with a sad expression on his face. This view broke me. I made him like this because he was worried this whole time but I didn't even talked to him.

Hey dad... I spoke in a raspy voice, I then cleared my throat surprised of how I sounded. But it was understandable since it's one of the few words I had said in two long weeks. He turned his look to me right away his face lightened. He started to walk to me and hugged me.

My butterfly... do you feel better ? Do you need anything ? He asked grabbing my shoulders.

I need to go brush my teeth. I told him with a faint smile. I could see his eyes getting teary as he hugged me once more.

I thought I had lose you again Gwen... he said and I could feel he was hurt from his tone. I thought the nightmare from last year had restarted, I'm so so happy butterfly... I hugged him back reassuring him.
Indeed last time I was in depression for a whole year, I wouldn't speak, eat or leave my room. 

It's okay dad... I whispered. But is it ? I haven't even took news from Miles, but I was just sitting there all day crying about something that didn't happen. I've wasted too much time... I'll go to school, can you drop me for second period ?

But it's Saturday sweetheart... the holidays have started. He informed me and I was quite surprised. I didn't realised I missed that much time.

Oh shoot..

But if you want to go out I can drop you anywhere, I can take the day off-

It's alright dad, you already took 3 days off for me. I stopped him taping his shoulder. I'll go for a walk, you go to work. He looked at me in the eyes his filled with worry debating if it was okay and finally sighed nodding.

Okay just don't forget your phone... see you tonight butterfly. He said kissing my forehead.

See you dad, I waved goodbye at him as he left the house.

I started my way to the bathroom and went for a 30 minutes long hot shower. I brushed my teeth then dressed up putting on a white crop top and a black cargo pant with my converse. I took my black hoodie and decided to leave my phone charging at home just the time to go the gantry plaza state park. I walked in there for like an hour thinking of everything and nothing but mostly thinking of him. I wondered what he was doing right now. Did he miss school like me ? Has his injury healed ? It feels weird not being around him on my free time honestly because I have been spending a lot of time with him and just his presence would satisfy me. I sighed and decided to walk home. I just wanted to grab my phone then go to see him.

• • •

When I arrived my phone was charged to 86% so I took it. As it was already turned on I saw many messages and missed calls notifications. I opened the app and saw everyone had been texting me, including Miles and he was sending me a text and a call almost everyday. I smiled biting my lip. I was so unfair, we were both worried but unlike me Miles didn't let this event take the best of him. He still was texting me daily and obviously going out while I was just being depressed for something that didn't even happen, I let my fear take the best of me and withdrawn. I checked his messages to see that most of them asking if I was okay, that I should come back, when would I come back or even just some encouraging words. Cutie pie. Could I be smiling even wider ? Because my cheeks hurt a lot from smiling. His last messages were from yesterday asking me about a party so I answered right away and put my phone in my pocket running to the subway.

I'm coming to see u :)

• • •

The trip went pretty fast like expected knowing it's just a 15 minutes long trip in subway and I was now in Brooklyn's streets. I decided to call Miles because I actually don't know where he lives at all. He surprisingly answered on the first ring.

Gwen ! I could hear the excitement in his voice which made me automatically smiled. I missed his voice..

Hey Miles... how are you ?

Doin just great. He replied. And you ? You alright ? He asked in a calmer and worried tone

Good, thank you.. I just got out the subway, can you send me your home address ?

No problemo, in a minute ! I don't even live far from the subways. He added. I'm watching the platanos so I can't come, don't want mom to use that chancla on me .. he whispered and I laughed. But by the time you arrive it'll be ready and I'll welcome you by the door

Thank you Miles

— De nada Gwen

It's good to hear your voice again. I added.

Same.. he answered and I could hear his smile. Hey, remember when I told you I'll make you taste my mom's pasteles ?

Yea ? I answered remembering that time he said that to me while we were texting.

Well she made some so be ready to taste the best food on Earth. He excitedly said emphasising on « the ».

Can't wait. I chuckled

Me too

Well see you ?

In five minutes ! He said before hanging up.

The moments after a message notification popped up on my screen and it was Miles' home address. I opened my GPS app and past the address starting to walk to his house a huge smile plastered on my face. It was so good to hear his voice again, he really is a happy pile for me.

Y'all 10k is crazy ty🥹🫶🏽