7. The Bitter Revelation

"Papa, we are back." Said Isha while entering the house. And for the first time in both Isha and Adaa's life, they saw their father's color of face flew away listening to Isha's voice.

The sisters know now, that it is something really bad...

...

There was a complete silence for last 10 minutes. No one is speaking anything. Not even a single word. Isha has changed into pyjamas while Adaa is still in her Anarkali, drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Her favourite drink all around the year. She simply loves hot chocolate. Not because she loves Sweets or chocolate, but because her mother loved it as well. This drink made her feel a little close to her late mother.

"Ab to bata dijiye papa. Itna suspence mat badhaiye naaa." Adaa whined like a child, only to recieve a tapli on the back of her head by Isha.

"Adaa. Isha." He said gaining their attention solely towards himself.
The he took a deep breath, and continued.

"You guys knows that I love you both the most, right? More than myself, right?" He asked looking so scared right now.
At first the sisters got confused, but then sensing that without their response he wouldn't continue further, they moved their neck positively and sat closer to him. Isha hold his hand, encouraging him to continue whatever the matter is.

"It all happened when your mother passed away, nine years ago." He started. Upon hearing this, Adaa looked quite hurt while Isha visibly stiffened. She knew it was the most fragile topic to discuss for her father.

"The day she passed away in the hospital, I was so broken and shattered. It was pre-known because of her condition that she wasn't going to live long. But also I never knew she would leave me alone this soon. The doctors said she had less than 5 months to live. But she left within a month of the surgery." By now, Shiv Malhotra had tears in his eyes.

"That day, after leaving you both by your mama's house, I went on the bridge I used to visit with your mother when you guys were young. And she was fit and fine." He had a small smile rested on his lips. A nostalgic smile.

"It was raining hard that day. And I was driving really recklessly due to my mental state, that I drove into someone's car while coming back from the bridge, at 2 in the morning. I didn't took it seriously that much since the other car got only a small dent. But the other party, certainly took it a bit too seriously." He heaved a painful sigh.

"The man came out of his car to talk to me. I made a huge scene at that, since I got easily agitated at his tone. It was too much for me to take at that time. I was emotionally drained. So I almost vent my anger out on him. I beat him mercilessly that day, without knowing his identity."

"And that apparently, was the biggest mistake of my life." He said with tears in his eyes.

~•~•~•~•~•~