19. Shopping for functions

"I am not going to any shopping or for any taiyariyaan about the so called marriage of mine. Heck, I don't even wanna marry some unknown dude who might creep the hell Outta me in future. So NO. I am not coming. You go without me." Adaa said with finality.

"But Adu, what about your choices and all yaar. I know you don't want it but..shaadi life main ek hi baar hoti hai paagal. Stop wasting your chance to look the best bride of the year and come to shopping with me. Trust me, it's gonna be worth it. And who knows, you might fall in love with your spouse in future?" Barkha said being optimistic, as ever.

Barkha Saxena, a 23 year old Software engineer and a hopeless romantic is Adaa's bestfriend. Who works in a well reputed company in Puna and has came to Bikaner for two weeks only for Adaa's marriage. And Isha's too.

They were together in the University for four years and stuck to each other since then. It all started with a boy asking Barkha out within one week of the start of their first semester. And Adaa almost kicked him in stomach. After that, all boys of collage were afraid of Adaa.

But after collage, Barkha got a good package at a very well known corporation based in Puna, while Adaa did her first job in the city of her University itself, and after a year came back to Bikaner. To look after the NGO with Isha.

"Hah. Me? Falling in love with some old grumpy and maybe lowkey slow man who's supposed to be my husband? Never ever madam!" After saying so, she snapped her head at the other direction.

While Barkha pointed out,"how do you know he's an oldie? What if he's that kind of hansome hunk prince charming every girl wants in her life?" with a knowing smirk.

As if she know.

Knows that her future jiju is gonna be a Greek God.

"Shut up and get lost. Main nahi aaungi matlab nahi aaungi." Adaa denied Barkha, While also denying the possibility of marrying a handsome hunk in her head.

"Adaa, let's go kiddo. We are gonna be late now. Come." Isha said while walking inside the room to take her purse and waited for her younger sister to get up and follow her.

"I am not going di. And that's final. You go if you want to." She answered grumpily.

"You are coming with me Adaa. And I'm not taking a No as an answer." She said giving Adaa the 'big sis' look while Barkha let out a silent laugh. Which she covered with a fake cough when Adaa glared at her.

"Behen hai ya jallad." Saying this she made her way out of the room, following Isha. While Barkha stood in the room smiling and praying for endless happiness in her best friend's and her Di's life.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~
In the previous chap, when I gave a huge plot twist ;) well, It was actually unplanned. My initial story line was different but then I realised while reading another Indian book, that my storyline was very basic.
So I changed it the last moment.

But I really hope y'all liked it. There's much more drama waiting to be unfold in our babies' life. Stay tuned to witness ;)))

Thank You!
~Love,
Arya♡