24. Families in confusion

"Do you guys know each other?" Mrs. Payal asked the four of them. Catching them all off-guard.

"Yes."
"No."
"Shayad."
"Thoda-thoda."
Vedant, Isha, Nishad and Adaa replied respectively.

And now, the Goyals and the girls best friends, four of them were looking at these four like they have just been bitten by a penguin.

"Wait a minute. Let me ask the obvious this time. How?" Barkha asked them how they know each other.

Everyone was quite for a minute or too. And then..

"We met in the mall during shopping." Adaa stumbled out.

"Yaa. We.. were both shopping for the function when we met these girls." Nishad continued.

"Actually we clashed in front of the food court and these two out here started bickering about random things." Vedant supported while pointing at Adaa and Nishad.

Who gave him an angry look in return.

"And we both had to solve their issue. Probably would have killed each other, not if we came in time." Isha finalised the whole story.

At the end, both Adaa and Nishad were in the same team with the same motto, that is, to make their elder siblings regret their choice of words about them.

"Cool cool. Why didn't you told me this before?" Lavanya looked at Isha intensely, who played it cool.

"Didn't find it important much." Isha said nonchalantly.

Damn the way she knows how to play it cool. Thought Vedant.

Wait. What am I even thinking. Idiot. He scolded himself.

"Fine guys whatever happened has happened. It's good that fate has bought you guys close even before this day." Mrs Goyal started.

"And I think, it would be good for you guys to know now that..."

All of them were looking at her with a dreadful look, obviously knowing what is about to come.

"Vedant, this is Isha, your fiancee and Nishad, this is Adaa, your fiancee." She said with a big blown smile.

While the soon to be couples' smile dropped. Heck, it moved under the ground.

Why him? Though Isha.
But she hates me. Thought Vedant.
This bastard. No ways. It was Adaa's conscience.
Freaking hell, not her man! She's a literal headache. Finally, it was Nishad.

In short, all of them were having the same question in general.

Why him/her!

But now it's too late, since they knows the situation is indodgable.

"Let's go now. It's time for the ceremony. Come fast guys." Came a loud voice of Shiv Malhotra, who was busy talking to his guests all this time.

That's how life changes, as night changes.

~•~•~•~•~•~
As promised, double update!
。◕‿◕。