40. Back to good

"I told him to tell them the fake story so that they wouldn't hate their father. Because I know how much it hated to be hated by our children." Came loud voice of Vasant.

Loud yet painful.

"Papa. What are you doing here?" Asked a shocked Nishad, and looked at an equally shocked Shiv.

"I knew you wouldn't sit quite after all the drama in the morning. And I also knew there's just one person who can answer all your questions. So you will visit him. And hence, I visited him too." He explained quitely.

Meanwhile, Shiv already knew what happened in the Goyal mansion this morning, as Nishad has already told him about.

"You guys had always think of me as a monster since your childhood, hadn't you?" He asked Nishad.

"You and Vedant are pieces of my soul. And the ones I could do anything for. But just because of the times I wasn't available with you guys due to work, you both started hating on me. At least, disliking me if not hating." He stated as a matter of fact.

While Nishad was just standing there numb.

"I tried mending our relations many times after realising my mistake, guy guess it was just too late. You were busy in your medical training and Vedant had already taken over the business. So I was helpless and enjoyed yours and your brother's growth and happiness from afar." He didn't wanted to show but his emotions were raw in front of them.

"So I didn't wanted Isha and Adaa to have same feelings for their dad. Because it hurts. It hurts so much. That's why I told him to make me the villain in the story." He finally concluded it all.

He was a many who loved his family to moon and back. All his life, he worked hard for their betterment but failed to realise the precious moments he was lacking in. Which filled both the brother's heart with some sorrows related to their dad.

"I think what we did was wrong. We should have told them the truth. Kabhi na kabhi toh pata chlna hi tha unhe." Shiv said in a defeated tone.

"I do not regret it." Shiv said confidently.

"We don't hate you papa. Neither do we dislike you." Nishad said out of no where, which made both the elder's stop in their trake.

And look at him.

"We just... Missed you. We both missed you very much on the importance occasions of their like. We somehow... craved you. And then this craving started changing into ignorance. So we..." He didn't complete his sentence. He couldn't.

"That's fine my child. I know and understand my fault. And...will surely try amending it even more from now on. I know I can't fill the lacking of all these years, but at least I can provide new food memories now." He said and patted his son's head loving, who in return hugged him.

"Tu kya dekh raha hai khade khade, idhar aa." Vasant told Shiv who laughed a little and joint their hug.

~~~
At home, Vasant had already narrated the whole reality to his elder son, who was now incharge on letting every other member know so.

He was handling this matter really well.

"Hai Ram! Itna sab ho gaya aur hume pata bhi nahi tha? Agar Aaj subeh Adaa wala scene nahi hota toh Hume toh pata bhi nahi chalta. Bhala ho Adaa beti ka." Vedant's dramatic Chachi, Naina, commented.

"It's okay Naina. At least now every one know everything." Payal tried to reason with her.

"Haa ab so toh hai. Par batana toh chahiye tha na hum sabko. We are a family afterall. Aur ye bat bhi kitne salo pehle ki hai." She continued her banter, while Vedant was trying to suppress his laugh.

Her tone was very funny. And everyone knew this.

"Ohho bhagwaan. Just calm down. Jo ho gaya use bhulo aur age badho." Karan came inbetween the ladies and suggested to his wife.

"Right. You are speaking correct for the very first time." She replied in a very serious tone. And this was the last string for Vedant before he let out a snorted laugh and then tried covering it with a cough.

"Whatever whatever, no go to your room and pack for the picnic before they all return. We have to leave today evening." Payal said in an elderly tone and everyone left from their.

She knew all was fine at the Malhotra's as she had already talked to Vasant on call, and about Adaa, Isha had texted Vedant about her being fine.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~
A happy chapter finally.
At least, the start of something happy 🤡

This book has been more emotional than I intended to make it. But that fine. I mean I love my babies so that's fine.

However, please do let me know your thoughts about the book or anything else. I love interacting with you all.

Okay.

Now,
Vintage romance or New age romance?