43. Devdas is falling in love

"Chalo bacho bohot hua. Ab chodo bhi mere Nishu ko. Kyu itna tang karrahe ho." Payal finally said something in her younger son's favour.

But not before her own laughing session was done.

"And come on to eat y'all. Food will go cold. Come fast and eat first. Can continue this drama later." She said in her mama bear tone.

"Ji bhabhi. Aap khana lagaye main Bhai ko bulake aata hu." Karan said to her as the youngsters were making there way towards the dining table, while carrying a food container each.

"Okay. But where is Naina? I haven't seen her since we got here." Payal finally asked to Karan. It has been almost three hours since they reached here. Bus she hasn't seen Naina yet.

"Oh that, bhabhi, she is feeling a bit dizzy. So she is resting in her room. You know na, she and travelling don't go well. So.." Karan explained.

That's true, Naina and travelling don't usually do well. She feels nauseous after long rides. And this ride to Jaisalmer was whole 5 hours. So she was restless and taking a nap.

"Arrey ha. Don't worry I'll bring her some ginger tea and halka khana after some time. She'll feel better." She said and Karan smiled at her in response at her generosity. And then went to call Vasant.

Meanwhile everyone else gathered at the dining table.

"Maa, can you pass me the chole please." Vedant said to his mother asking the bowl. She gave him and he started serving himself.

"Lao main paros deti hu." Isha said and even thought Vedant wanted to deny, he let her.

"Awww. How nice of you bhabhi. Kitni sewa karti hai bhai ki aap. Aur ek aapki ye pishachini behen." He grunted and groaned.

"Ugh. What is your problem Nish. Humesha mere peeche hi pade rehte hai aap." She said angrily, not realising she what she just called him. Meanwhile everyone else gasped and smiled at her nickname for him.

And Nishad blushed!

Yes he blushed!

The only nickname he got his whole life was Nishu by his parents. Hearing his wife call him with such cute endearment, something happened in his stomach. Something like fireworks.

After that, no one said anything lest some comments here and there and ate the dinner in comfortable silence.

~~~

At night, all of them went to there respective rooms.

"This is perfect! Don't you think so?" An excited Isha turned towards Vedant, who was working on his laptop. As soon as he heard her voice, he gave his whole undevided attention to her.

"Yes?" He asked unsure of what she meant.

"I am saying isn't it perfect how we are all gathered here for this family time and picnic? All together. Plus Jaisalmer is gorgeous. I have been here twince in my school time." She said and a wave of nostalgia hit her.

Vedant too realised it. His expressions softened at that.

Childhood and teenage are two of the most memorable phases of one's life.

"It is. But do you know what is prettier than it?" He asked with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"What?" She asked dumbfounded.

"You." He said and looked at her intensely. Though, he was biting back a smile.

And Isha got flabbergasted at this. The way he was so smooth with his words got her.

Sure the circumstances were very different in the start, but slowly they were opening to each other. And are now comfortable enough in each other's touched and flirty comments.

"Aap bhi na." She said with a shy smile. While he just shoked his head.

As she was making her way towards the washroom as a reason to escape this flirtery, she was held back by a tug at her wrist.

"Itni bhi kya jaldi hai jaane ki." He said to her with a devdas look, who just looked back at him in horror. She couldn't believe her eyes! Is he the same simple sweet man she married?

Because as far as she knows, Vedant ain't someone to prank like this. And she also know what he is doing is a prank. He's just fooling around.

Yet she found herself as a blushing mess at this.

"Aap jaye yaha se." She said and turned again.

This time, he let her go while laughing his guts away at her red face.

"Uff Isha. Ye kya kar rahi hai aap mere Dil ke saath." He said and looked at a now closed washroom door with love filled eyes.

Without even realising, he was falling for her.

On the other hand, in the other bedroom on the same floor, someone was dreeding to enter her own room.

Reason? The pranks and comments she threw on her shohar all day. She knows he's going to get back on her somehow.

She slowly opened the bedroom door and peaked inside. Seeing no one in sight she sighed relief.

Making a strategy on how she'll just go and jump inside the comforters and pretend to be alseep, whenever her so called husband comes in. So that she would be safe. At least for the night. As she knew how much gentleman he is.

Not by words but by his actions.

But our poor little Miss got startled cause as soon as she locked the main bedroom door, the balcony door clicked and Nishad came inside the bedroom to find Adaa looking at him wide eyed.

He looked back at her with a raised bro not understanding why she was looking like a bheegi billi. But then when she gulped he realised.

Oh dear wifey! He thought and smirked at her!

~•~•~•~•~•~
I feel like my chapters are getting longer. Is it okay or want me to write them short?

Btw,
Sweets or spicy?