17. There is more to it

"Papa, can we talk a bit?" Isha asked to Shiv knocking on his door. It's 12 at midnight and Adaa is asleep after the Nayaks went home back. It was quite late but she knew her papa is awake too.

"Yes bacche. Please come in. You don't need to ask ever." Shiv said with a fatherly smile. He knew that Isha might have guessed something off, kind of fake about this marriage chaos. He knows that his little girl is smart.

And he is glad for that.

And also willing to let the truth unfold before her. He don't want to keep secrets from her anymore. Not until she wants them to be kept.

"How's your health now? Blood pressure?" Isha asked, which seemed formal.

"I am fine beta ji. No need to worry. This old father of yours is at such age, that even if he sees a roach he might shout." He laughed at the thought. But she stayed quite.

"Ask whatever you want to. I wouldn't lie anymore." Shiv heaved a sigh at this. It would be so painful for him, and Isha might even hate him for this. But he knows that his heart will be at content to know that she knows now.

"What are you hiding from us? It's not just a contact signed by pulling you into the police station in a fraud, is it?" Isha straight dived into the point.

"You are right. Its not about the police or any contact over scratch on his car. There's more to it." He said calmly.

"Then tell me. What is it?" Ish asked hopefully.

"You sure you want to know? I mean if I have hide it from you both, don't you think there must be a solid reason behind it?" Shiv asked to her, optimistically that might, just might she leave the topic as it is and not made him confess.

"I know. But now I want to know the reason too. And you know papa, I wouldn't judge or overreact. I am not Adaa." She said with a sigh. Only if Adaa heard this, she would have fought a battle with every person on Earth for why did her sister said so!

"I know." Shiv replied with slight tears in his eyes.

"After your mother passed away, our conditions too dropped. And by conditions I mean financial conditions. Because I was mostly depressed and grieving over what's gone, I couldn't concentrate on work. So our shop started going down and down. Until one day, when my one friend told me about an offer from the Goyals."

"Vasant Goyal, a man two years older than me, at the time was really on great heights. His business was and still is rulling the world of finance. Plus, one of his branch was really nearby this street. So I went for the offer."

"It was a stock deal, which included investment with money also. A little bit more than I could afford at the time. But if the deal was a success, the success we would have got would have been even more huge."

"So I visited Vasant personally and showed him my work history and records. He seemed really interested and wanted to seal the deal. But due to the terms of the company, he couldn't before I invest in advance."

" So he made a deal."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Another plot twist,
Yay!

AdaaIsha | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें