23. YOU ARE THE ONE?

Isha's POV

As we were making out ways downwards, I saw Adaa who was being held by Barkha. She was looking as ethereal as a fairy warding downwards from the heaven. My gorgeous little rabbit.

I had never even though that we will have to get married like this. Not our of love but out of contract. And with me it's fine since I am 26 already. But Adaa? She's just 23. She don't have any need to ruin her youth by marrying just now. But the situation isn't in our hands for now.

I just pray she lives happily after all this drama.

"You look absolute gorgeous di. Like an apsara. " Adaa adored me so much, and it has always been reflecting thru her eyes. The way she loved me seemed so pure.

"And you look like Cinderella." I replied. While she frowned. If anything, this young lady hates Disney. And for her elder sister, it's my favourite thing to tease her with.

"Di yaar. Aajke din toh baksh do." While I just laughed at this. And came forward to give Adaa a hug. My baby.

"You look absolutely adorable bacche." I kissed my baby's forehead.

"Let's go now. Apna ye behen-behen ka pyaar wala drama baadme karlena." Lavanya was clearly bored. And Barkha just shrugged.

"Fine." Both of us said in unison. These dramatic bridesmaids, I swear!

Isha's POV ends.
...

After about half an hour, everything was set and it was the time for the ritual. Both families reached on the spot for welcoming the new member in theirs.

"Oh my God Adaa, Isha. Both of you are so gorgeous. My pretty daughters. Kisi ki Nazar Naa Lage." Mrs. Payal Goyal, Mr. Vasant Goyal's wife blessed her soon to be daughter in laws.

Since it was their first time meeting, she wanted to make them feel comfortable around her. And also to give them the motherly love they didn't recieved in all these years.

"Namaste aunty." Both of them said and touched the feet of her to get her blessings.

"AUNTY? No way. You guys are not going to call me aunty! Either mom or maa or mumma. But now aunty. Do I look like an aunty?" She said it all in one breath with an expression like she can't believe she just heard Isha calling her aunty.

"But aunty ji-" Adaa was cut by Payal again.
"No buts! Mom, maa or mumma. The choice is yours. Over and out." She said and looked away playfully.
While both of them just looked at eachother flabbergasted.

Now she is one hell of a mother in law. They thought.

"Buddies. You are lucky to have aise saas. Warna ek main!" Lavanya whisper cried to them.

"Shut up!" Both of them mumbled at the same time in response.

Just then, the villain of the story came in. Mr. Vasant Goyal.

And besides him were...

"YOU?" Adaa screamed gathering everyone's attention. Good for them there was noone else other than family and close friends in that part of the hall, where they were right now.

When Isha, Lavanya and Barkha looked at her, they saw her looking at a guy with shock and horror. And as they followed her gaze, Isha was ashtonished too.

"You?" She whispered to herself, looking at them.

"Hey! What are you doing at my engagement? Who gave you the permission to enter?" It was the great Nishad Goyal, the younger son of Mr. Vasant and Mrs. Payal. And he said so to Adaa.

"Excuse me! I should be the one to say so. What are YOU doing in my engagement here?" She retorted back.

"What? Your engagement? You're high or what Ms. Adha.." he said coolly.

"Just shut your mouth Nishad. How many times must I tell you not to talk to her like this." Vedant came to Adaa's rescue.

"Thanks Bhai. Par laatho ke bhut bato se nahi maante." She said giving the criminal side eye to Nishad.

"Adaa stop." Isha said in between of their banter.
"Seriously, what are you both doing here?" She asked the obvious.

"Told you, it's our engagement di. With God knows whom." Nishad was clearly disturbed by the fact that he don't know his fiance.

"Same." Adaa said.

And it all made sense to Isha and Vedant now.

"You guys know each other?" Mrs. Payal butted in.

Well...

~•~•~•~•~

I am so too absolutely sorry for this late update. I had a test yesterday and then an online session at night. So didn't get time to write or update at all. And the first thing I did this morning was this.
As a compansation, today's gonna be a double update- chap 23 and 24.

Thank You so much for supporting my story this much. I am very grategul of y'all guys. 'sending lots of love and hugs.'

~Arya