51. Power cut & buying gift

"So madam. Finally remembered there's your best friend too hah?" The over dramatic Lavanya asked to a nervous Isha. She was an hour late for their pre decided meet up, all thanks to the ice cream date with her baby sister.

She smiled remembering Adaa's sweet smile when she tasted her favourite brownie flavoured ice cream after soo long.

"Oooh I see. So it's because of Vedant Jiju that you are late, isn't it?" Lavanya asked with a teasing glint in her eyes, and a smirk on face snapping Isha out of her trance.

"Kuch bhi matlab?" Isha said distastefully.

"The way you are smiling is enough." Lavy said with sass but that all drained down after hearing Isha's next words.

"I even smile looking at a kutta." Lavy looked at her ridiculous at this but she was busy sipping her cold coffee.

They were at a café some fifteen minutes away from Isha's home.

"Are you comparing my jiju with a kutta?"

"Nahi. Kutte ki beizzati ho jaegi." She replied making Lavy's eyes widen.

"Haww! I'll tell jiju you little witch."

"Sure. Go ahead." Isha smiled at this.

She loved teasing Vedant and now that they were so close to each other, his reactions were always funny.

"Before you start again, I'll clear that I was on an ice cream date with Adaa because your Vedant Jiju almost made her cry. So I had to console her." She cleared up the misunderstanding finally.

"Why?" Lavy asked suddenly.

"What why?"

"Why did he made her "almost" cry?" She asked showing almost in inverted comma sign by hands.

"She was getting insecured about her looks and he added ghee in fire by supporting her." Isha shocked her head remembering their childish banters.

While Lavy just laughed out loud.

After that, they had made plans to go and visit Kaka sa and Kaki sa as they were missing both Adaa and Isha. They also invited their damads to meet them. But since Vedant had went somewhere without telling her and Nishad was busy in surgeries, she called only Adaa. But she too didn't answer her call.

So she went alone to the Nayak's.

~•~•~•~

"How can I help you mam?" The receptionist asked politely to Adaa.

She was in Nishad's hospital right now.

"Yes please tell me where the office of Dr. Nishad Goyal is. I'm his wife." She said and looked at the receptionist to see her looking at her from head to toe.

I just hope she is not a bitch as they shows in books. Adaa prayed.

"Sure mam. It's on the second floor. Room no. 204" she replied with a smile.

Adaa heaved a sight and made her way towards his cabin. But not before thanking the receptionist whose name she learnt was Neha.

"Yes Mr. Singh. We had it done within an hour but the sudden shrink of mitral valve caused an emergency and-" Nishad, who was giving details about his last surgery to an other doctor stopped in middle.

As he heard a voice which he could identify even in his dreams.

He was coming from OT performing another surgery, the patient was in coma. So he was discussing it with a senior doctor.

Just then, he heard Adaa's voice. She was thanking Neha for something and made her way towards the lift.

"What is she doing here? And where is she going?" Nishad bombarded Neha with his questions. Who looked caught up.

"Sir she told me she's your wife and asked for your cabin. So I gave her the room no." Neha was now scared. She thought the girl may not be his wife.

But then

"Good. See you soon. I hope you can handle the case further Mr. Singh. Have to meet my wife." Saying the first word to Neha and then turning over to his senior, he made his way towards his cabin.

He was constantly thinking about what could be the reason of her sudden visit.

"AAHH!" Adaa screamed as she felt someone pull her in an empty room.

"Shhh. It's me. Stop shouting." Nishad said with shutting her mouth with his palm.

Adaa was flabbergasted. But when she took in his appearance, she found it immensely hot. He was looking hot in the white coat which fit him well.

"You scared me doofus. Aise kon darata hai. Aawaz bhi toh laga sakte the." She made face at him and jerked behind. So that his hold on her loosen.

"Usme maza nai aata Naa." He said while smirking and took some steps towards her. It was a small storeroom where he pulled her in.

"See.. I don't know your intensions but I know you are a perv. Try me and you're dead." She said while gulping.

The close proximity was too much to take in. And as he took the last step towards her before she was completely trapped between him and the wall behind, the lights got off.

"What the hell?" Both of them shouted at the same time. And looked at each other.

It was a power cut.

And the worst part?

Well, the door of all store rooms were electrically operated i.e. they were now stuck in that store room.

Till the light comes.

~•~•~•~•~

"How is it maa?" Vedant asked over video call to his mother, who was busy wandering in Nainital with her husband.

He was at a Jewellery showroom right now and having no idea on what to get for her Wife as her first birthday present after marriage, he was constantly asking his mother for advice.

Who was so done with her elder son.

"I don't know Vedu yaar. Tujhe Jo chahiye le na. Apni pasand se le. Mere se lega toh gift meri taraf se nahi ho jaega." She whined at him.

Well....she was indeed so much done with him atm.

"But I want the best for her. And I know my choice wouldn't be best." He said gazing over the paayal he liked. But since he was here to get a ring for her, he dodged that though.

"It's up to you now married man. Get her whatever you want. I'm up." She said and was about to hang up the phone when she said.

"Aur haa. Ye zaroori nahi hai ki use tum angoothi hi do. Jo pasand aaye wo do. Bas pyaar se Dena." She winked and hung up the call.

While he kept gazing at the beautiful pair of anklet.

~•~•~•~•~•~

(⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

Bhai or Behen? -.-