46. Die from hunger

After a few minutes, the tune stopped. And Adaa looked like she had listened or witnessed the best sight in the world. With a content smile on her face, she stared at him.

At her man.

Oh how nice it sounded!

"You know staring is rude." Nishad said with his eyes rested on the guitar whose strings he was now leisurely playing with.

And our girl looked like a deer caught in headlights now.

"How do you..." She asked but couldn't complete her question as he answered between

"I know you a bit too well, baby." He replied with a wink.

And she couldn't help but rolled her eyes. Yet, with a smile ghosting on her lips.

She came forward and entered the room. And sat near him. Who now too had a smile on his face. Eyes, still, on the instrument in his hands, not leaving it even for a second.

"I never knew you could play guitar as well?" She asked amused.

"Well, there are many things you don't know about me. Yet." He said and looked at her in eyes. And she diverted her eyes at the guitar.

It looked so classy and... Played. Like, it didn't look old but not exactly new as well.

It seemed as if it had been played just the right. To practice and learn.

Born in a state like Rajasthan, Adaa heartily adored all types of arts. May it be playing instrument, or dancing or singing. Anything. She absolutely loved it. She was the happiest when Isha decided to persue a degree in fine arts.

Tho she herself can't draw for life, she likes when her di does so.

That's why her heart flipped in excitement when she saw her husband dear holding this in his hands.

"Can you teach me too?" Adaa asked looking at his eyes. She looked cute at the moment. So cute, he couldn't resist her wish.

"Okay." He replied nicely.

And Adaa couldn't believe her ears for a second due to obvious reasons. The man who never talked to her seedhe muh just said yes to her this wish?

As if on a cue to her question, he replied "only if you do me a favour." With a mischievous glint in his eyes.

And she knew she was doomed. But then again, guitar ke liye kuch bhi.

~~~

Next morning came by soon enough and the whole family accept Isha was sad to leave the place. They totally loved their farmhouse but even other parts of the city were very beautiful.

Isha tho, wanted to leave Jaisalmer as soon as possible.

"Yarr, mujhe bhookh lagi hai." Nishad whined to his mamma. Who just ignored him royally.

"Arrey? Sautela beta nahi hu aapka yaar. Thodi toh care kia Karo meri." He grumpily commented in air.

Right now, they were in the car. Nishad, Adaa, Payal and Vasant in one car, while the others in the other.

They were halfway towards Bikaner.

"Beta ji I am retired now. To care for you, you have a wife now. Go and cry to her if you're hungry. DO NOT try to disturb me or else you would be thrown out of the car." Payal said like a queen while reading her feminine magazine.

"Maa yaarrrrr what the hell? This is my car. I bought it with my own money!" Nishad said totally ridiculed.

While Payal just showed him her angry mama eyes and he shut his mouth up.

Vasant and Adaa tried not to laught.

"Fine whatever. Adaa, do we have something to eat?" He then turned to her.

He was driving the car and she was sitting besides him. With their parents on the back seat.

"Umm...no?" She said sounding nervous.

"What? Then what about the Raj Kachories mamma and chachi packed before leaving." He asked narrowing his eyes at her. They had crossed the highway and were on a scarly crowded area. It was a habitat not a highway. That's why Nishad was chatting with her casually.

"Umm..aah that. Well, would it be unfair if I tell you that I....ate them already?" She asked him and looked away.

He stopped the car with a jerk.

"KYA? KAB? Aur mujhe kaise nahi pata?" He asked visibly shocked. Whole their parents got on their ears opened for this drama.

"Umm..jab aap washroom Gaye the and then Bhai se phone pe bat karrahe the. Tab?" He smiled sweetly but her words were just the opposite.

"Damn Adaa. You theif." He said and looked outside the window. He was hungry, but he was more annoyed with Adaa eating the Kachori alone.

"Arrey? How am I a thief? This is wrong. You can't call me a theif for eating!" She accused.

"I know. I can't call you a theif for eating. But I can surely call you a theif for eating what's MINE. Out of the four Kachories, two were MINE." He said and looked at her pointedly.

"Whatever." She replied with a flushed face.

"Yea whatever. Now I'll die with hunger. All thanks to you." He said and started the car again.

She almost felt bad for him.

Key word: almost.

"Drama khatam? Bas itna hi tha?" Payal asked from behind.

"Wahi toh. Aap dekhe inhe. Mujhe laga acha khasa drama hoga. Par yaha yeh toh..." She couldn't complete her sentence due to the 'I'll see you late eyes' Nishad gave her.

Well...let's wish her luck.

~•~•~•~•~•~
Idk what's gonna happen next.
•_•

Btw
Garden or terrace?