27. The Day

With happiness and harmony among both the families and close friends, the days flew by really fast. And the main wedding ceremony started, which were held almost a week after the engagement.

Everyone was very happy, except the grooms and brides. The tension was so high that they were forced not to enjoy their own wedding ceremony.

After the heated talks that day, Adaa and Nishad haven't spoke to each other. And Vedant and Isha are handling the two youngsters and other matters together, as a team.

These series of events have bought cracks between the younger couple, while it had also bought the older couple closer.

"I don't think we should keep it from our parents anymore. Maybe, let's just tell them the truth?" Isha tiredly told to Vedant, who was busy eating a chocolate.

Today morning was the Brides mehendi ceremony, which was held only among a few close relatives. And today evening is their Sangeet. It's afternoon right now and both of them were chilling in the back garden with chocolates.

"Haha. It's like hitting a hammer on our own legs." Vedant said nonchalantly. While Isha just gave him a cold look.

"Sorry. I mean, we can't. They will kill us for hiding the whole scene from them." He said paying more attention to her reactions. It wasn't that he was afraid of Isha or something. It's just, that he don't want to disappoint her at all.

At least, not when they were growing closer with each passing day.

"Hmm. For the first time in your life, you are right." She said and carried on eating her dark chocolate.

Vedant raised his brow on it.

"Bol aise rahi hai jaise khud humesha sahi bolti hai." He mumbled to himself.

"Suna mene Jo bhi bola tumne." She too stared in a playful manner surprising him.

"Sorry?" He asked.

"Whatever." She clucked.

In the evening after their Sangeet, the sisters were roaming around.

"Do I really have to?" Adaa groaned.
Isha just sighed and nodded her head positive.

"You know, you can always make his life a living hell if you want to, right?" She smiled at Adaa in a wicked way. Who smirked in response.

"I was kidding." She suddenly got serious.

"Fine. Whatever." Little did Isha know, her masoom sa mazaak is actually going to bring huge disasters in someone's life.

•••••••

"Come on guys! Let's have a family picture now please." Lavanya said in a cherry tone. Beside her, was her husband Prakhar. He wasn't here for all the functions since he has a big meeting in Jaipur, which came out as a huge success. So he returned to Bikaner just yesterday and is here with his beloved wife to witness the holy matrimony.

"Say cheese!" She retorted again. And everyone looked at her weirdly. Today, she was indeed behaving weird. More like carefree and childlike. But that's what love does to you, isn't it?

Even tho her marriage was arranged as well, she unintentionally and unknowingly fell in love with Prakhar after that. And vice verse. So when, he finally arrived yesterday she was beyond the moon. And so was her happiness. It still is.

And hence, she's this way today.

"Who the eff says cheese in a wedding photograph?" Nishad crankily said. He was extra cranky today. And the reason? Well, there's a perticular someone who crushed his foot three times since morning with her high heels 'unintentionally'.

"Let's say cheese! Comeon guys!" Adaa screamed happily.

No matter how bizzare the thought of posing while saying cheese in wedding photo seemed, Adaa has made it her life mission to piss this man sitting besides her in a royal shewani, till infinity.

"Mrs. Goyal?" Vedant whispered to Isha.
She looked shocked and surprised but soon composed herself and whispered back to him, "yes Mr. Goyal?" With a playful smile.

"Main kehta hu yaha se bhag chalte hai. Inn paglo se bach jaenge." He suggested with a serious look.

"Ahaah! As if hume bhagne denge ye log." She rolled her eye.

"Try me." He said. Then he grabbed her hand and sneeked their way our of the hall. Isha was flabbergasted.

"You really?" And they both started laughing loudly. The aane jaane wale log were looking at them as if they were mad.

And among them was a shadow, which looked at them with watery eyes. Not for Vedant or Isha, but for someone else.

He don't had the guts to go inside, but his heart wanted to see her.

For the last time.

~•~•~•~•~
You guys must have guessed who he is, no?

:)