Chapter 2: "Good" Campers

Chapter 2: “Good” Campers

September 5th, Saturday morning and I just parked my car here outside Estelle’s condominium. Today’s Lauren’s birthday and that’s why we’re gathered here, we’ll be leaving for the camping that she invited me to come.

“Morning.”

I greeted Timmy who’s coolly sitting at the hood of his tall raptor.

After wearing my cap and unzipping my windbreaker, I climbed my way up and sat beside him. “Ang aga ng call time, inaantok pa ako.” He even yawned as he stretched his arms upward. “I can drive later.” I offered. Sa raptor niya kasi kami sasakay ni Andy, while Lauren and Estelle will be riding with Dwight in his montero.

“Really?”

Timothy’s eyes gleamed and I only nodded at him.

Speaking of Dwight’s montero, the familiar vehicle just blew its horn in front of us and we already saw Andy getting off from its passenger seat. Iisang daan din lang kasi from Logan Hills and where Andy’s subdivision is, kaya dinaanan na siya ni Dwight.

“Where are the other two girls?”

Dwight asked from inside his vehicle. Looking so dashing as he rested his arm on his montero’s windowsill.

“Present!”

Hearing the celebrant’s voice, Timothy and I already got off of his raptor’s hood.

“Happy birthday, L.”

I simply said as I planted a kiss on her cheek.

“So happy that you made it!”

She said in utter glee, even sandwiching me with her hug.

After everyone took turns from greeting Lauren, we already got inside the guys’ vehicles. We still have roughly seven hours of travel, and it’s only 1:00 in the morning. Karamihan sa amin ay mga wala pang tulog, o kaya naman ay puro idlip lamang ang nagawa. That’s why I couldn’t blame or have the heart to pick on Tim. “I’ll just sleep for a bit, tapos ako na rin mag d-drive the rest of the trip.” He said as he reclined the passenger seat.

“Yeah, I don’t even mind driving all the way to the camp site.”

I answered as I tailed behind Dwight’s montero.

Daddy and Mommy won’t find out naman na I still drove during this trip.

“Hala edi hindi ako pwedeng matulog? No one would keep Vanessa entertained.” I couldn’t help but to frantically blink my eyes because of Andy.

Looking at her from the rear-view mirror, I gave her a simple nod.

“I’m used to having long drives.”

I assured them both. Alam ko naman na maya-maya lang ay pareho na silang humihilik sa kanya-kanya nilang mga upuan.

And I was dead right.

Just when we entered Palm Springs earlier, the last city before we could leave the province of Winsborough, both of them were already taking turns from snoring. Tuluyan na ring humiga si Andy sa backseat at baluktot siyang natulog sa kasagsagan ng biyahe. I even had to be more cautious when driving because I don’t want her to fall from the seats.

I can’t blame them.

Sobrang busy namin these days at Sevit Uni, we just had our consecutive recits then we also had to review and prepare for our retdems.

My phone’s placed at the mounted holder and I have it connected to Tim’s audio player that’s why my playlist has been accompanying me for the long run of our trip. It’s already 4:37 in the morning and I can already notice how the skies somehow lighten compared earlier.