Epilogue (Part 1)

Her Full-Time Apricity: Epilogue (Part 1)

Chapter theme: seven by Taylor Swift

“Holy shit!” I cried out, curling up in the sofa.

“Isang likot pa, Kyle.”

Using her lap as a pillow, I glanced up at her with tears on my eyes only to see her usual soulless orbs tiredly look at me. “Sorry naman...ang sakit kaya.” I muttered, massaging my underarm that I asked her to once again help me from waxing it.

As she let out another sigh, I already stayed still on my place as I tightly shut both my eyes and lips close.

Not wanting to give her a tougher time from dealing with me, I took every fibre in me and tried my very best from crying out in pain. We both just got off our works earlier this morning and we just had breakfast here on her high-rise condo unit. Still can’t believe that she’s been living at the same city with me for already two years.

Meaning it’s also been two years ever since I started holding myself back from buying the unit right beside hers.

Tsk.

Sean Jexter and Estelle are already getting married next week, tapos ito kami tamang tambay lang sa condo niya.

“Kyle.”

She suddenly called out; with her ever-dull voice to be precise that’s why I slightly flinched out of my trance after I heard my name from her. This habit of hers can really give me a heart attack, you know? One moment she’ll be as silent as the depth of night and the next thing, she’ll suddenly speak with her firm voice.

Opening my eyes, her orbs immediately greeted my sight. She’s looking down at me as I still lay on the couch with a pillow above her thighs for me to use. “Yes? Maasim ba?” I asked, tilting my head. A small smile then automatically formed on my lips when her forehead immediately creased in response to my question.

Feeling ko sawang-sawa na siya sa mga kalokohan ko.

All good to me though, mahalaga hindi ako nagsasawa sa mga pakunot-noo, iling at saka mga pa-buntong hininga niya tuwing magkasama kami.

“Have you ever considered breaking up with me?”

Napasimangot naman agad ako sa kan’ya.

Motioning my hands, I moved them as I make a big cross sign; and even shaking my head at her as a response to her sudden question. This isn’t actually the first time she asked this inane question. Being together for roughly nine years in the making, parang naka schedule na ata sa kan’ya na dapat annually ay maitanong niya sa’kin ‘yon.

I can’t fret this enough but meeting her that night still feels like yesterday.

The feelings and emotions are still new and fresh, I think?

Looking back, nothing much actually changed.

As I’m partying my ass off with some old friends, she on the other hand’s wearing her gloomy eyes after a guy left their table with a clear offended expression on his face. She was still on her all-white nursing uniform that Friday night, making her really stand out even from her table on the other side of the club.

Other tables occupied by party-goers, hers on the other hand had thick nursing textbooks scattered on top of her table.

Weird shit.

Tough perseverance.

Completely attractive.

I wanted to enjoy the celebration for my friend’s birthday because it’s a first night-out for me in a while after all, but seeing her emotionless eyes unleash trails of tears, I already found myself getting into her space with a friend to check on her.