Chapter 13: Bridges

Chapter 13: Bridges

“You shit heads...”

I heavily sighed as I glance at these two I’m currently with.

At Lauren and Dwight who successfully dragged me inside the hospital, right in front the information desk. “May available slot pa po for check up?” Dwight asked the head nurse in front of us while Lauren covers my mouth with her hand.

Even though she’s probably weirded out because of the situation that the three of us are in, the nurse then nodded at Dwight.

Dwight already busied his self from conversing with the nurse while Lauren and I are busy exchanging glares and nudges. “Aray! Behave na kasi, Nessa! Baka pati ako kailanganin nang magpa check up dahil sa pagiging bayolente mo!” She hissed and I only rolled my eyes.

Now I’m sure that this was what Estelle told her about earlier at Sevit’s parking area.

I should have known better...

We were eventually instructed to head upstairs to line up with the other patients. Fortunately it was a short queue.

“Fucking let me go, L.”

I grunted as I finally brushed her hold off me.

“Shh...behave. Lagot ka kay Doc.” Parang tangang saway niya pa sa akin dahil napalingon din sa’ming tatlo ang babaeng nakaupo sa unahan namin ni Lauren. Kahit pa gusto kong ipagpilitan na okay lang ako, pinili ko na lamang manahimik. I mean, you would never win in an argument against Lauren, idagdag pa na kakampi niya rin si Dwight.

Bahala na.

Isasampal ko talaga sa kanila tests results ko once I really turn out healthy as fuck.

“All in all, I highly suggest you to slack off from caffeinated drinks, especially from the energy drinks you’ve been inhaling. You’ll be in even more grave danger once you keep on having that much intake. About your meds, it’s good that your school nurse gave you the medications you need. Idagdag mo na lang ‘to. Consume that every morning and night.”

My tongue was completely tied.

Even with my pursed lips, I gave a slight bow and smile to Doc. Paredes as I reached for his prescription.

“Now I understand why Baquiran and this lady locked you in their arms. You’ve got some great friends with you hija, it’s best to listen to them sometimes.” He mused as he leaned to his chair with a smile. “Ang tigas nga po ng ulo. Mas prefer na po ata maging pasyente kaysa maging nurse. Sermonan niyo pa nga po ‘yan lalo, Doc.” Lauren exclaimed from the other seat across mine.

Doc. Paredes chuckled before telling Dwight off who sincerely apologized for Lauren’s behaviour.

“Sige na. I still have to take my rounds, Vanessa you strictly follow my reminders, okay? Keep an eye on her, Dwight.” The latter, who’s actually a student of Doc. Paredes replied with a nod.

Looks like I won’t be slapping these two with my test results.

Test results na kung exam papers lang ay paniguradong bagsak na ako.

When the three of us made our way out of the hospital after paying the bills and buying the pills, I already found myself covering my ears as soon as I landed my foot out of the building.

“Oh diba! Isang tingin pa lang sa’yo, malalaman na agad na hinuhukay mo na sarili mong libigan! Pa’no banaman mas malusog pa sa’yo mga eye bags mo! Sa condo ka ni EJ for tonight! Babantayan kita hanggang sa panaginip mo Vanessa, na s-stress ako sa’yo. Diyos ko kang bata ka!”