Special Chapter: Coaches Don't Play!

Our swimming class eventually ended, mabilis din kaming nakapag anlaw ni Estelle kanina sa shower area kaya hinihintay na lang namin si Timothy dito sa bleachers bago kami mag lunch. 2:00pm pa Medsurg class namin that's why we can ease up for at least two hours.

EJ's silently spacing out while I mindlessly watch and observe those who walk across the wide soccer field.

"Inaantok ako..." Estelle suddenly said as she rests her back against her seat.

Tumango naman ako.

Mahangin kasi dito sa bleachers, plus the fact na pagod pa kami from our PE class. "Do you already have any plans after we graduate?" EJ asked out of the blue, minsan napaka random talaga nitong babaeng 'to.

"Of course take the licensure exams..." I shortly replied.

When Estelle left out a scoff, I immediately threw her a glance, "What?" I asked. Napairap naman siya, "After that din syempre." She sighed.

Napatahimik naman ako.

Years before, I knew I really wanted to take this path.

It's already been a long time since I had my plans sorted out. Not until a lot of things happened and arrived.

"Dati pa lang kino-consider ko nang mag abroad after taking PNLE and NCLEX." I said in a low voice, which made Estelle quickly face my side. "And? You still do?" She asked and I could only let out a heavy sigh. "I honestly don't know." Parang ang hirap umalis lalo na't may mga ayaw na akong iwan sa bansang 'to.

"Because of Kyle 'no?"

My eyes frantically blinked, causing EJ to chuckle.

"That dumb head highly thinks na he showers you with great love, making people believe na you least to almost don't reciprocate his feelings pero look at you." Estelle stated, crossing her arms as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"I know you Vanessa. Once you've set your mind on something, halos 'yon na nagiging drive mo to live your life. Which actually, and mostly makes you dig your own grave. You're always too drunk to achieve everything except the idea of genuinely living." Napangiwi naman ako nang tuluyan na niyang niyakap ang braso ko. Mamaya sabay na kaming maiinitan nito... "Seeing and hearing you finally have hesitations is somehow relieving."

"And what made you say that Kyle's the reason behind?"

My sudden question weirdly made her chuckle once again.

Nahawa na ata talaga kay Lauren...

"You know it to yourself, Nessa. An answer from me isn't what you need, but an assurance. Confirmation that you're having hesitations on flying abroad because all throughout your two-years worth of relationship, distance have always stood between you two. You're being considerate on what Kyle would feel, that's something you rarely have and give back then kaya. To simply put it, gusto mong makabawi sa kanya."

"Para namang sinasabi mong ang sama-sama ni Nessa dati..."

Timothy, who carries paper bags of a fast-food chain said when he finally arrived. "Ang tagal mo, talagang lumabas ka pa ng uni?" I said, already cutting off the conversation.

"Ha! Excuse me ateng may character development, nagpa deliver lang po ako." He retorted, making me roll my eyes at him. No, I should actually be nice to him, "Libre 'to?" I tried confirming as he handed Estelle and I our foods.

"Bakit, want mo ba magbayad?"

"Yes, only with my kindness though." I blankly replied.

Agad namang napasimangot si Timothy, "Ayan, 'yan downgrade mo. Ang kuripot mo na." He said, even pointing his finger at me.