Chapter 10

Taylor POV

It's now New Year's Eve.
After some talk with my team, we decided to publish the song on the 1st of January and then I got a question to perform at the Rocking 'Eve concert. I couldn't say no and this is honestly the best coming-back gig.
And now in a few hours, I'm going to perform at the Rocking ' Eve concert in New York. '. I'm a bit nervous now but It's good.
I can handle it. Luckily I have some amazing people around me.
Sadly no Danny is around. He is in Ireland with his family and Anne.
Now I'm backstage in the 5-star hotel just around the corner of where the Rocking 'Eve concert will be later on tonight.
'Taylor, do you want a drink? ' One of my dancers asked me.
She came with a bottle of red wine.
'One glass ' I said with a laugh.
'Okay and I understand after your performance we can drink the rest of the bottle of wine 'she laughed.
I laughed too.
'That's a great idea ' I smiled at her.
Later I got my glass of red wine and took a sip of it.

Danny POV

It's now already a new year.
We drank some champagne with the family and with Anne. Well, Anne was more on her phone. I drank with my sister champagne and with my friends.
We talked, we laughed.
It's a great evening and night.
I didn't know anything that Taylor was up to around this 'New Year's Eve'. But I was finding out very soon from my sister.
'Well look in a few hours Taylor is going to perform 'My sister said suddenly and she showed me her phone.
In big letters, I see Taylor Swift is back with a new song and tonight she is going to perform the song with her band and dancers.
'wow, that's amazing! ' I said happy.
'Indeed so cool she is back because she deserves so much better than that Kanye West guy '.
I agree with that. I don't like him.
'Well, I like Kanye ' we heard suddenly Anne saying.
We all looked surprised at her.
Anne put her phone away.
'What? Are you nuts? 'My sister asked her surprised.
Then she gives me quickly a look. A worried look.
'Well he is an amazing artist and what he said about Taylor he is so right 'She said at loud.
I give immediately Anne an annoying look.
I heard my sister groaning. Then she stood up and left the room.
I stood up and followed her to the kitchen.
'What? ' We heard Anne saying.
When I arrived in the kitchen Andi turned around with a concerned face.
'When are you dumping that slut? ' She asked me.
I sighed.
'Andi I'm happy with her and she is a beautiful girl and.... We had our difficulties but we are now fine ' I said.
Then she came towards me.
She takes my hand.
'Daniel I'm worried about you, that Anne drives you to another you. Not the Danny I grew up with '.
These words hit me.
I knew she was right. But I'm still in love with her. But on the other hand, my love for Taylor is growing and I just had to take a step backward to have not much contact with Taylor. But I kind of missed our talks.
'Well Taylor is tonight so let's watch her performance ' Andi said then after she let go of my hand.
I nodded.
'Good idea 'I mumbled.

Taylor POV

It's now almost time to perform.
And I'm getting ready backstage for my performance here in New York.
I'm wearing my blue glitter dress and my matching blue glitter boots.
'Are you ready Taylor? ' I heard my manager saying.
I turn around and look for the last time in the mirror, which is hanging in my dressing room.
'Yes I'm ready ' I replied then.
Later I left the dressing room and we were all ( the band, dancers and my parents ) walking to the stage.
When we are outside it's a bit cold.
'Here ' My mum gave me a blue jacket.
'Thanks, Mum ' I replied and we walked outside through the fences to the stage. When we arrived at the back of the stage everyone was getting ready.
We said something together in a circle. Then my band is going on stage and the dancers are getting ready.
I got my microphone and got my jacket back to my mum.
'You got this Taylor and I'm so proud of you 'My mum said with a big smile on her face.
'Thank you Mum ' I said and I almost wanted to burst out into tears but I couldn't do this right now. I hugged my mum tightly before someone said it's time. It's time to perform my newest song to everyone in New York and I believe also to the rest of the world.
It's time to go back on stage and go back on tour. And seeing my fans again.

I don't like your little games
Don't like your tilted stage
The role you made me play of the fool
No, I don't like you

I don't like your perfect crime
How you laugh when you lie
You said the gun was mine
Isn't cool, no, I don't like you (oh!)

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose from the dead, I do it all the time
I got a list of names, and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

Ooh, look what youmade me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do
Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do