𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘳 | W.W

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

I've been doing soccer my whole entire life. It's been a passion since I've grown up. I put so much effort and I think i'm ready for the game on Wednesday. I play for Rosemary Academy(random school). Not to brag but I'm on the varsity team with the juniors and stuff. Just as a freshman. I think it's pretty cool. To be fair I did work super hard to get where I'm at and one day I'll be playing for college and so on.

---

CC and I were walking to the soccer field for our own little practice.

We met at the beginning of the school year because of soccer. Not a surprise. She was real good and she definitely has potential into a professional team one day.

It was a cloudy day and we didn't think much of it so we continued practicing with kicking, passing, and all that stuff.

All of a sudden, it started sprinkling then it turned into pouring rain.

We laughed and ran for cover, grabbing our belongings.

"Do you want to come over at my place? It's nearby," she suggested.

"That would actually be great," I laughed.

My parents were out of town anyways so this is a great coincidence.

We made our way to CC's house, making our best attempts to not be soaked. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

We were soaked by the time we got to her doormat. She knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open it.

Eventually, someone did. A boy about my age, I think. He had short brown hair and lots of freckles. He was really cute.

"Come on, I have some dry, hot towels up in my room," CC dragged me upstairs.

She gave me a towel and I started with my hair to my body. She handed me some of her clothes and told me she would return mine the next day.

We were just chilling on her bed, but my thoughts were consumed with her brother, which I learned after the fact. I'm pretty sure I've seen him around school. He's definitely not in any of my classes, he seems way too smart.

---

Days passed after being at CC's place. All I wanted was to talk to him, just once. I don't know his name. I don't really know anything about him. Just that he is a nerd. He gets laughed at in school and it's a bit sad but what can I do? I mean I could do stuff but is it worth it?

He also doesn't have any social media and for a teenager he really is not social with anyone or anything. I heard he's like having a Yale interview. And yes, I found out that he is in my grade and I'm not actually stupid.

I hate this feeling. It's like seeing a really fine person on a vacation trip and never seeing them again. Or at a game. Or out of the country.

---

It's the day of the big soccer game. CC was helping me calm my nerves. I'm only really nervous because they rely on me to stop the ball. I can't disappoint anyone. I can't let that happen. I love my position on the field, but it is pretty stressful.