𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦 | B.N

⋆。 °✩⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨୧⋆ 。˚ ⋆✩° 。⋆

I was working my shift at the local bookstore. It was a regular day. People in and out and it was quick.

I was looking around to find some sneak peaks on what book i should buy once i clock out.

I noticed a boy in the romance section, looking completely lost. I decided to help him, so i went up to him. I couldn't really decide on it since it's literally my job.

"Hey! Do you need some help," i ask him with a smile. He looked at me like i just saved his dying puppy. "Oh my god, yes please," he pleaded. I laughed, "so what are you trying to find," I ask. "My sister is big on romance and her birthday is coming up so I wanted to get her something, but i don't know what she would like," he said hopeless. "No worries, how old is she? If you don't mind me asking," I asked. "nineteen," he said. "Does she like mystery," i asked, having a book in mind. "I think.. i mean she reads books with sherlock holmes so i'm guessing," he laughed. "Well then wait right here," i said before going into another aisle.

I peered my eye through the titles on the spines of the books. Right there!

"Love & Gelato."

I grabbed it and made my way back to the boy. He was still standing there, bouncing his leg. "Here you go," I handed him the book. "I think she'll like this! I read it a year ago and it's still pretty hooked onto my mind," i laughed. "Good to hear! Also, when you were gone I saw this book. Do you think she'll like it," he asked me handing over a book.

"Kisses and croissants."

My eyes lit up. "I think she would! I haven't read it yet, but i was planning to read it someday. I actually was wandering around to find books to buy after my shift before coming to help you," i said absentmindedly while laughing. "I see," he said looking through the chosen books he had in his hand. "well.. uhm, thank you so much," he trailed off looking down to see my name tag. "y/n, thank you y/n," he smiled. "of course! if you need anymore recommendations, then that's my job to help you," i said before turning around and going to the cashier.

———

Some moments later the same boy came up to the front to check out. "So, you decided to get it," i smiled, scanning his books. He nodded, "yeah, the more book options the better."

"Oh! Did you mean to get two of the same book," i asked him. "Yep! I did don't worry," he chuckled. I shrugged and scanned it. More money the merrier.

I started placing his books carefully into the bag. As I was about to put the last book into the bag which was the second copy of the other book he has chosen, he stopped me. "That one is for you," he smiles.

I was speechless. I looked at him a bit confused before he spoke up.

"You said you wanted to read it and buy it after your shift, so now you can read it during your shift," he explained.

"You didn't have to.." i said still speechless. "But i did so merry christmas," he said. I laughed at that knowing christmas was in a week.

"Thank you, you're so thoughtful," i smiled.

"Anytime, well nice meeting you y/n, see you around," he said before leaving the store. I sighed as i sat down on the spinning chair.

I wish i had asked for his number.

———

It was a long day. It want that long, in fact it went by quick. But the thought of that boy was on my mind ever since he left the store. So yes my day was occupied.

I just can't wait to get in my bed and read the book I wanted to. The title may not sound interesting, but the concept is.

I got into my bed after I showered and got out the book from my tote bag.

Kisses and croissants.

I opened up the first page and before i could read something caught my eye in the corner.

It was a number. Then some words after it.

"Text me :)"

Was it the boy? How did he know i would've gotten this book?

Now that i think about it... i did see him switch the book order when i was scanning the books. Oh, he's smart. I smiled at the thought that he may actually be interested in me.

Let's find out what his name is now. I completely forgot about the book and got my phone and typed in the number.

me
Hi! This is the girl from the bookstore, y/n!

I sent the text and was gonna read a few pages to give him some time to respond, but i didn't even got the chance to pick up my book since he responded so quickly.

bookboy📚
Hey, nice to know you didn't leave me on "read"

me
i would never

bookboy📚
good cause i was getting nervous

me
so what's your name, book boy?

bookboy📚
that's a bit close

but it's brady

me
i barely met you but you never fail to make me laugh

bookboy📚
:)

btw my sister loves her early bday gifts

me
that's good! i'm glad to be of help

bookboy📚
could you be of help with something else?

me
ofc what is it

bookboy📚
help be my date to a restaurant on saturday night?

me
of course i would love to help with that😊

bookboy📚
i told you we would see each other soon

me
i was curious why you did say that before leaving

i get it now

⋆。 °✩⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨୧⋆ 。˚ ⋆✩° 。⋆