little girl with a gun

Jason's pov

I made my way through the vents as I crawled closer and closer to the joker. My revenge is close at hand.

I spotted the joker through the vent below me. I clocked my gun before kicking the vent and jumping down.

"I've finally got you you son of a bitch" I smirked as I pointed the gun at his head "I can't wait to watch the light leave your eyes"

"Aww well if it isn't the little robin" he smirked.

"Save it asshole, I go by red hood now" I growled.

"Aww my little birdie's all grown up and has found himself some new toys" the jester laughed "but am afraid I'm not dying today"

"What makes you so damn sure-" I stopped. I could feel the hilt of a gun sticking into my back.

"Leave my daddy alone" I froze. It was the voice of a little girl!

"Aww there's my little girl" joker chuckled "well todd don't keep the young lady waiting"

Slowly I lowered my gun before kicking the gun out of the little girls hand.

"No!" The little girl yelped. I finally got a good look at her face. It was heavily coated with clown makeup and a red wig. Da hell did he do to this kid!?

"Come here a second princess" joker held out his arms to her.

"Kid don't do it!" I called out but she ignored me as she jumped into his arms.

"I'm sorry I dropped the gun daddy. I promise I'll do better next ti-" she was cut off by him pointing a gun at her head "daddy?"

"Drop the gun or the girl dies" he said simply.

"You son of a bitch!" I growled as I held my gun steady. I never wanted him dead more than now!

The jester simply laughed "oh come now my little jaybird. I know underneath all that bravado your still a hero. Are you really going to let this little girl die just for your revenge?"

I thought my resolve was strong but when I saw her frightened eyes I knew I couldn't go through with it.

"Fuck" I growled as I dropped my gun.

"That's what I thought" before I could react he pointed the gun at me and shot me in my shoulder before dropping the girl and running off.

I scrambled to pick up my gun and point it at the bastard but it was too late. He was gone and he left me with the kid!