returning home

Jason's pov

"Safe travels you two!" Tim waved as we headed out to the taxi we hired for the trip back to west Gotham. We've finished our business and left it on a good note. Now it's time to go home.

"See ya kid" I ruffled his hair. Tim and me have had a rough relationship at best. After finding out that I was replaced by him I may have had a fit of anger and attacked him. Luckily for me the kid doesn't seem to hold a grudge.

"Daddy we'll come to visit won't we" Caroline pleaded "you promised"

"And I intend to keep that promise" I petted her head "next time we visit we'll stay for the weekend. Would that be ok?" I looked up at him.

"We eagerly await your next visit master Jason. I say this since master bruce isn't good with the touchy feely stuff" he eyed the bat who looked away with a grunt.

"Yay" she cheered "bye grandpa, bye uncle Tim, bye mister Alfred!"

"Bye Caroline!"

"Goodbye"

"See you soon young lady"

I placed her in the car and put her seatbelt on. I turned my back and gave them one last wave before hopping in with Roy by my side.

"Alright folks. Where'd you want to go?" The taxi driver asked.

"West Gotham, parker street" roy replied.

"Understood" he nodded before driving off.

I watched them get smaller and smaller before disappearing. I felt a little emotional as we drove out of view.

Roy rubbed my shoulder "we'll visit"

"Yeah" I nodded with a smile. I love this family we've created.