eating out

Jason's pov

After a long day of shopping we finally left with two bags full of shopping.

"Hehe my dress is so pretty" she turled around in her new pink dress "I feel just like a princess!"

"I'm happy for you princess" I huffed as I struggled with bags of shopping "hey roy mind giving me a hand with these?"

"Nah you seem to have it covered" he smiled coyly.

"Roy!"

"Hey look a cafe!" he cut me off by pointing to a cute little cafe "we should have lunch there"

"I guess it's more convenient than cooking" I thought to myself.

"You mean try and not burn the house down" he smirked.

"Enough of your sass harper" I pinched his cheek "what about you kid. Would you like to eat out"

"Yeah. I'll have tea like a real princess" she said brightly.

"Then it's decided!" He took her hand and led her inside "bring the bags in jay. We don't want anything getting lost"

"My foot will get lost once I stick it up your ass" I grumbled to myself as I followed them inside.

We sat at a window seat and read through the menus.

"So I can pick anything written here and the lady will bring it to us" Caroline looked at us.

"As long as we pay for it yes" I nodded.

"Wow" she read through it excitedly.

"Well if you aren't the cutest little girl I've ever seen" we looked up to see a kindly waitress "what can I get you folks"

"I want tea and scones" she said firmly.

"Remember to say please and thank you princess" roy said gently.

"Tea and scones please miss" she said politely.

"Of course sweetheart" the waitress smiled at her "and what can I get you boys"

"Black coffee please" I muttered.

"Your so excited" roy rolled his eyes fondly "he'll have a muffin, same as me"

"Choosing my food are we?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well I can't let you stave" he leaned on his hand with a coy smile.

"You're such a nice little family" the waitress smiled sweetly "I'll get you folks your food"

I smiled softly as she walked away. A family. I kinda like the sound of that.