overprotective

Jason's pov

"Jason we're going out" roy called from the doorway.

Now I was in the middle of watching a movie but when he said those simple words I jumped to my feet and yelled "Wait I'm coming with you!"

I almost tripped over my own feet as I ran up to a very unimpressed Roy "jay we're just going shopping. You don't have to come with us"

"Of course I do now let's get moving!" I tried to push him out the door but he was like an unmoving rock.

"Kitchen. Now!"

I sighed as I followed him to the kitchen. I stood there awkwardly as he eyed me up with his arms folded.

"What is going on with you Jason? You've been trailing after us like a clingy puppy for weeks!"

"I'd like to think of myself more like a protective wolf" I muttered.

Roy clearly wasn't impressed "answer the question jay. Why are you acting like this?"

I sighed "alright the truth is I'm terrified. The joker almost killed you and he almost took Caroline away. I just feel better being near you in case anything happens"

"Oh I see now" he smirked as he took a few steps closer "I know I should be insulted that you think you have to protect me but I actually find it kinda sweet" he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What are you-" I was cut off by a kiss on the cheek "wha-" I stumbled back in shock.

"I immobilised him honey let's run" he ran out the door with a giggling Caroline close behind.

"You little sneak!" I yelled out the door before rubbing my admittedly red cheeks. Why is my heart beating so fast? No I know the reason. Maybe it's time I stopped hiding from these feelings...