to the rescue

Jason's pov

I arrived at the building the letter led me to. It was the same place that I met Caroline and where this all started. It felt strangely nostalgic. I clocked my gun. I promised I'd give up on my revenge but this is personal. The clown isn't leaving there alive!

"Ahh my little jaybird has arrived!" Joker stretched his arms out dramatically "welcome to my show"

"Cut the crap joker" I pulled out my gun "where is my family!?"

"Ahh so you're back to killing. Oh that brings much joy to this old man's heart" he placed a hand on his chest.

I stormed up and pressed the gun to him head "tell me where they are now!"

"Patience patience" he pressed a button, revealing roy and Caroline tied over a pool of acid.

"Daddy I'm scared!" Caroline whined.

"Don't worry. I'm going to save you" I said reassuringly.

"Jason please be careful" roy pleaded.

I nodded as I tightened the trigger. I was about to pull the trigger when he put up a finger.

"Now you can kill me like you always wanted but once my heart stopped beating the rope will drop, dropping them in the acid. Your family or your revenge. It's time to choose"

I took a deep breath. My family or my revenge. It's not even a question. Without hesitation I threw my gun away.

"How disappointing" he sighed before pulling out a gun of his own "oh well. At least the three of you can be together in the afterlife"

He was about to kill me when the gun was knocked out of his hands by a batarang. I looked up to see the batfam at the rooftop.

"Oh crap" joker muttered as The bat jumped into action, pinning him down. I ran up to roy and Caroline and cut them down, catching them before they fell into the acid.

"Welp we caught him jay" dick waved up at me "sorry you didn't get to kill him"

"No it's fine" I smiled at the two in my arms "I think it was for the best"