running from him

Roy's Pov

I turned around at the sound of that oh so fermillier laughing. To my horror there stood the joker, his sinister face reflecting in the mirrors.

"Well if it isn't the little archer" his smile surrounded us at all corners "I see you've also taken in my little girl. How sweet of you to hold on to her for me"

"She's not your little girl you bastard!" I growled as I held the trembling girl protectively.

"Oh but I'm afraid your wrong little archer" I heard footsteps echoing closer and closer "that girl is my property and I intend to take her back. If the bat can have a young sidekick then so can I"

"Daddy I'm scared" Caroline clung to me, trembling like a leaf.

"Don't be scared baby. I'm here to protect you" I rocked her reassuringly with one arm and pulled out my bow and arrow with the other. I pulled back the bow with my teeth and waited.

His footsteps echoed closer and closer. Once he was in range I let go. Smoke exploded in his face and I took the chance to run. I couldn't risk fighting him. Not with Caroline here.

I ran swiftly through the maze of mirrors as his insane laughter bounced across the walls like a sick melody. Eventually I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. I burst out of the funhouse and everything seems fine until-

"Bye bye little archer" he appeared behind me, knife in hand. My life flashed before my eyes when-

*Bang*

The jester fell back at the impact of a rubber bullet. We looked up to see Jason holding a gun.

"You are ok?" He rushed over to us, his face plastered in concern.

"We're fine" I touched his face reassuringly but I think it's time to go home"

"Yeah that sounds good" he nodded as we took off.