break in

Roy's Pov

I hummed to myself as I washed the dishes. I always thought I'd hate being stuck inside doing chores but a part of me really likes staying at home and caring for a family. Not enough to give up the hero life of course but I really do enjoy looking after those two.

"Hello little archer" I spun around to come face to face with bane.

"Hello bane" I attempted to mask my fear with a smile "what are you doing here? I don't remember giving you a key"

"Isn't the little archer funny. He must get his wit from his mentor" he spat. Oh yeah, green arrow got him arrested last week. Thanks a lot Queens! "The joker wishes for you and little girl to be his hostages and I'm more than willing to oblige"

"Oh sorry big guy" I back up to the sink "I'm afraid I'm all booked up!" I grabbed a pan and threw boiling water in his face. He let out a shirk of pain and I took my change to run.

"Let go of me!" My heart stopped when I saw the penguin holding my little girl. I dived behind the couch to grab my bow.

"Come out little archer" he tapped the floor with his umbrella "you don't want me to hurt the little girl do you?"

I sat up and aimed my arrow at his feet. Foam spread up his legs and coated his body.

"What is this junk!" He yelled. I jumped out from behind the sofa and kicked him into a wall, catching Caroline before she hit the floor.

"That's for touching my kid" I spat "come on princess, let's get out of here and call your fathe-" I opened the door to find Harley standing there, hammer raised.

"Night night sunshine" she swung the hammer at my head. I was out like a light.