confronting these feelings

Jason's pov

I tapped my fingers against my knee as I waited for him to return. My heart was bursting with all these newfound feelings that I'd dying to get out but I can't do that until he gets back.

I've gone over what I'm going to say in my head a hundred times. I'd start by asking how his day went. Then I'd complement something he was doing. His cooking, his reading, his crossword puzzles it doesn't really matter what. After that I'd pour my heart out and tell him all the things I love about him. His red hair, his blue eyes, the way he laughs, his undying faith in me despite what a screw up I am. If all goes well he'll accept my feelings.

"We're home" I jumped at the sound of his voice "jeez you're on edge. Were you really that worried about us?" He rolled his eyes foldly before heading into the kitchen "sweetie can you help me put away the shopping?"

"Ok daddy" she raced to the kitchen but I caught her before she could make it.

"Could you give daddy and me some privacy" I whispered.

"What for?" She asked.

"Oh you know just boring adult stuff" I quickly thought up a lie.

"Ok I'll be in my room" she skipped off happily. I took a deep breath before heading into the kitchen.

Roy was putting stuff away while humming a happy tune to himself "hmm?" He stopped once he saw me "do you need something?"

I'd rehearsed my confession a thousand times but my body reacted before my brain and I pushed him against the wall, kissing him deeply.

The kiss was hot and heavy with the two of us only pulling apart for air.

"Wow" roy said breathlessly.

"Yeah" I nodded "you know I actually had this whole romantic speech planned out but it all went out the window when I saw you"

"Mmm I like this better" he tugged on my shirt with a smirk "it feels more you" he pulled me in for another kiss. Safe to say it was a good thing I sent Caroline to her room!