becoming a family

Jason's pov

Our morning started like any other. I sat at the table reading my newspaper, roy was cooking breakfast for us and Caroline was swinging her legs with a massive case of bed head.

"Here you are honey, pancakes with maple syrup" he placed the place down, kissing the top of her head like he always does.

"Mmm yummy" she smiled widely and she picked up her knife and fork.

He placed down my plate and walked away. Before he could though I grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer "don't I get a kiss?"

"Oh yes how could I have forgotten" he cupped my face and pulled me in for a sweet kiss.

"My daddies are flirting" Caroline gasped.

"You bet we are" I pulled him closer as he giggled against my chest.

"Can you let go of me jay I'm starving" he giggled.

"Oh alright" I kissed him once last time before letting him go. He sat at his spot at the table and the three of us began eating.

We sat at that table and talked about anything that came to mind. It was a calming feeling being with those two. I've never had a real family and I didn't stay with the batfam long enough to experience growing up in a stable environment but I'd like to imagine it's something like this.

As soon as I finished I stood up "well I hate to kiss and run but I have to meet up with dick and the others. They want my help patrolling the city" I kissed roy and gave Caroline a kiss on the forehead "goodbye you two. Stay safe"

"We'll be fine jay" they waved to me as I left. I put on my suit as I ran down the stairs. Back in the hero jig. I wonder if I'm still cut out for it.