making breakfast

Jason's pov

I woke up to the smell of breakfast. I stood up and groggily walked to the kitchen to find roy cooking.

He hummed a tune to himself as he poured some batter into a saucepan. I guess he's making some pancakes. How does he do this!

"You're a magician" I muttered as I watched him effortlessly flip the pancakes.

"Hmm" he looked up at me in surprise "morning sleepyhead. Wanna help me in the kitchen"

"You sure. I've been told I'm a fire hazard" I smirked.

"It's fine, I'm fireproof" he winked at me. I smiled to myself as I walked up next to him.

"So what do you want me to do" I leaned over his shoulder.

"Just flip the pancakes" he handed me the spatula.

"I don't know roy, that looks complicated" I looked away nervously. The last thing I want to do is ruin the pancakes he worked so hard on.

"It's not difficult jay. Here I'll show you" he put his hand over mine "just scoop it up and flip, easy!"

"Scoop and flip" I muttered as I flipped the pancake.

"That was perfect jay" roy leaned in excitedly. The two of us stared at each other for a moment. Damn we're close. Should I move away? But I can't stop staring at him. Was his eyes always this beautiful shade of blue?

"Are my daddy's flirting?" We looked over in shock to see Caroline standing there with an excited look on her face.

"Nope not flirting. Definitely not flirting" I pushed him away with a red face. Where the hell did she learn that word!

"We're just cooking baby" roy said with an equally red face "you in the mood for pancakes?"

"Yeah!" She ran excitedly to the table and scrambled up the chair she was too big for. I saw the shirt she was wearing and was reminded that she doesn't have any spare clothes to wear.

"Caroline I'm going to take you clothes shopping today"

"Yay I love shopping" she clapped her hands excitedly "can I pick my own clothes"

"Course you can. You're the one that's going to be wearing them" I chuckled lightly.

"I'll come too" roy jumped in "We can make a day of it"

"It can be a family outing! Just like the ones I see on TV" her eyes lit up excitedly. I guess a normal family is something she's always been looking for.

And so we decided to go out as our weird little family. What's the worst that could happen?