family outing

Jason's pov

I strolled out of the apartment with Caroline holding my and Roy's hand. She skipped alongside us as we headed into town. We were halfway there when she stopped.

"Hmm" I looked down at her "something wrong sweetie?"

"That's the biggest park I've ever seen" her eyes lit up excitedly "can I go? Please please please"

"Caroline we're going shopping remember. We don't have time to go to the park" I said firmly.

"Aww come on jay don't be a buzz kill" roy leaned over my shoulder with a whine.

"Roy I'm supposed to have one child not two" I groaned.

"It's just a small detour jay" roy reason with me "Let's give her a few minutes of fun"

"Please daddy" she flashed me the puppy dog eyes.

I sighed "I guess a few minutes wouldn't hurt"

"Yayyy!" The two of them cheered as they dragged me to the park. I rolled my eyes fondly. I'm surrounded by children!

*Time skip*

I sat down at the bench as I watched Caroline playing on the swingset. Some people gave her strange looks since she only had my t-shirt on but they quickly stopped when I shot them a glare. She may look like a weirdo but she's my little weirdo!

"Ice-cream" roy held out a cone to me which I greatfully accepted "it's a nice day huh? Perfect for a day at the park"

"We're only staying here for a few minutes" I reminded me.

"Yeah yeah" he said as he attached his own cone.

I watched her for a moment "She seems happy. Maybe I am too uptight. I wish I could go with the flow like you"

"But then Caroline would have two crazy parents and that would be no good" he poked my cheek "you're perfect just the way you are jaybird"

"I guess you got a point" I stood "I need to take a piss. Can you watch the kid for a second?"

"Sure I can" he chirped "go and piss to your hearts content!"

I rolled my eyes as I walked off. I'm just leaving them for a few minutes. What's the worst that could happen?