bath time

Tw: panic attacks

Jason's pov

The two of us sat at the table eating breakfast. Caroline kicked her legs blissfully as she ate her pancakes. I burnt half the food in the house so I ended up just buying her food. She seems happy at least.

"Is that smoke" roy poked his head in "geez jay you really can't cook can you"

"Yeah whatever" I rolled my eyes "what's the towel for"

"I figured a special little lady could use a relaxing bubble bath" he rubbed noses with me.

"Bubble bath?" She tilted her head in confusion.

"Hold on, sweetie have you never had a bath before" I looked at her in concern.

"No, is that bad?" She looked at us nervously.

"No honey it's just sad" I pulled her close "The adults in your life in your life didn't take good care of you did you sweetie"

"Well then let's make this a bubble bath to remember" roy scooped her up and carried the giggling girl to the bathroom.

I pulled out the newspaper and was about to read it when I heard the high pitch scream of a little girl. I rushed in to find Caroline curled up in a corner hyperventilating.

"What happened!" I turned to roy urgently.

"I-I don't know. S-she just started hyperventilating" he said frantically.

I bent down to her level "hey baby girl calm down. Tell daddy what's wrong"

"The w-water I-I don't want to die" she sobbed heavily.

"Hey it's ok sweetheart" I pulled her close and rocked her in my arms "I'm right here, you're not going to die"

Slowly her breathing returned to normal. I smiled softly "good girl, now can you tell me what's got you so scared"

She looked up at me shakily "mommy always stuck my head in the water. It h-hurts my chest and I c-cant breath"

"Hey shhh it's alright sweetie" I gently soothed her "you know daddy wasn't trying to hurt you baby girl. He just wanted to give up a bath"

"Mmm ok. I think I can be brave" she nodded.

"I'm sorry can you bath her. I need a minute" he walked off with tears in his eyes. I should check on him later. I turned to her with a smile.

"Right my big brave girl lets get you bathed"

I striped her down and slowly lowered her into the bath. She clung to me at first but eventually she started splashing in the water.

"I think I like the bath" she giggled.

"That's good baby girl" I kissed the top of her head "now let's dry you off"