sitting on the rooftop

Jason's pov

"Alright time to celebrate the new year in style!" Roy stumbled over, carrying a bottle of champagne. The doctor said that he had a bad concussion so he had a thick bandage wrapped around his head.

"Baby are you sure you should be out here? You're heads still recovering" I muttered worriedly.

"I'm fine babe" he insisted "I've been resting up for weeks now. Besides there's no way I'm missing out on this"

"Alright just take it easy" I kissed his head tenderly.

He poured out a glass of champagne for me "it's a tradition for the harper family to share a drink at the start of the new year and since you're family now I thought I'd share it with you"

"I'm pretty sure that's a common new year's tradition" I smirked.

"Don't kill my buzz Todd" he pulled me in for a kiss.

"Can I share some of the bubbly drink?" Caroline asked.

"Oh no princess that's adult juice but I bought some of your favourite fizzy drink" he handed her a can of pepsi.

"Yay" she held the drink excitedly. We don't give her a lot of fizzy drinks so this was a rare treat for her.

"Oh here comes the countdown" roy pointed to the big tv as it counted down.

10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1!

"Happy new year!" The three of us chugged our drinks in celebration.

"Here comes the best part" roy whispered to me. I was confused by what he meant until the fireworks went off.

"Wow they're so pretty" Caroline gasped as dazzling colours reflected in her eyes.

"It sure is princess" I smiled as I held the two close, just taking in the beauty of the moment and the people I was sharing it with...

The end.