cleaning her face

Jason's pov

I took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself. My revenge couldn't have gone any worse. I was beyond pissed but when I saw that little girls crying face I realised it wasn't about me.

I stood up and approached her "come on kid, let's get you cleaned up"

*Time skip*

I turned the tap on and let the water run for a few seconds before soaking a cloth. I weined the cloth and gently wiped the makeup off her face, revealing an adorable face with soft brown eyes.

"Hey there's my pretty girl" I smiled reassuringly "I could bearly see it behind that gaucky makeup"

"You think I'm pretty" she looked up at me hopefully.

"Beautiful" I pinched her nose, making her laugh.

"So do you have a name pretty girl?" I tickled her.

"My name's Caroline" she said brightly.

"Caroline. What a pretty name for a pretty little girl" I rubbed noses with the giggling girl. It's good to see her smile.

"Is your shoulder ok" her eyes darted at my shoulder where the bullet hit me.

"It's alright sweetie. I was wearing a bulletproof vest"

"Bulletproof?" She tilted her head cutely. The wig fell off her head, revealing a head of jet black hair. She really is as cute as a button!

"It's a vest that makes bullets bounce off me" I explained.

"Wow that's cool" her eyes lit up excitedly.

"Super cool" I petted her head with a gentle smile.

Her smile suddenly faded "daddy abandoned me just like mommy did. Is there something wrong with me"

"No kid, you were just unfortunate enough to be surrounded by terrible people" I petted her One day you're going to find someone who's going to love you just as you are"

"Will you take me in" she eyed me hopefully. Now I'm not the type to rashly take in children. I'm not him after all! But after all the abandonment issues she's developed I can't just turn her away.

"Of course I'll take you in"

She teared up before wrapping her arms around my neck. I held her close as one thought ran through my mind.

Jason what have you gotten yourself into...