rooftop adventure

Jason's pov

I hopped from rooftop to rooftop with little Caroline in my arms. What have I got myself into? I'm not the kid raising type! Still I couldn't just abandon her. She was all alone in this fucked up world..

Just like I was.

"Well it's about time you showed up" I stopped to see my red haired inches from my face. I stumbled back in shock. How does he do that! "I know I should have more faith in you or whatever but this is joker. The man blows up stuff for fun! You can't just walz in there and go hours without calling me-" he stopped once he saw Caroline "who's this?"

"This is Caroline, the joker took her in" I spat. The joker raising a kid still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"Are you serious? That poor kid" he bent down to her level "hi I'm roy but I'm also a hero so let's keep that our little secret" he winked at her.

"Ok I'm good at keeping secrets" she smiled cutely.

"Good girl" he scooped her out of my arms "now how would you like to zip line across the city?"

"Yes yes yes!" She bounced in his arms.

"Roy no!" I said sternly. He's going to get that kid killed!

"Relax it's totally safe" he said as he shot his arrow onto a distance building "one two three go!" He jumped onto the wire, ziplining across the city.

"Royyyy!" I yelled out to him but he was long gone.

I groaned as I jumped from building to building, making my way to them. What was that reckless idiot thinking! If anything went wrong him and that little girl would have- when I get my hands on him he's a dead man.

I reached the rooftop and was about to tear into him when-

"Wow there's so many stars" Caroline was sitting on Roy's lap, her eyes twinkling with wonder.

"They sure are baby girl" he held her close "and you can see them up close anytime you like. All you have to do is ask"

I felt a smile creep up my face despite myself. I can't stay mad at him. I silently took a seat next to him. I guess we're a little family now..