a family of three

Jason's pov

I woke up to the smell of breakfast. It was something I've gotten used to ever since I've moved in with Roy. Unlike me he actually knew how to cook so I end up actually eating in the morning. I never realised how much I enjoy normality.

"Morning Roy" I said as I sat down at the table.

"Morning jay" Roy said brightly "I'm cooking eggs. How would you like them cooked. Scrambled? Boiled? Sunny side up?"

"Scrambled please" I muttered as I pulled out a newspaper. I promised roy I wouldn't watch any joker related news on the off chance that Caroline was listening in so I have to rely on the newspaper for my info.

"Mmm I smell eggs" Caroline appeared in her pink pyjamas with a head full of messy hair.

"Yep. Made them scrambled just the way you like them" roy placed her plate down as he kissed the top of her head.

"Mmm yummy" she said with a mouth full of eggs.

He place my place down. As he walked away I grabbed his wrist "don't I get a kiss" I said teasingly.

His face flushed red "do you want a kiss?"

"Umm" it was my turn to blush. I wasn't expecting him to get embarrassed and say no. Why the hell did he have to answer like that!

"My daddies are flirting again" Caroline stared at us excitedly.

"We're not flirting!" We yelled in unison. We turned to each other and burst out laughing, completely forgetting about that awkward encounter.

We sat at the table and ate dinner together just like we did everyday. Halfway through the meal the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it" roy said cheerfully as he reached the door. Once he opened the door he stumbled back in shock. I peaked over and saw why..

"Dick?"