I'll keep you safe

Last night when we left David's mansion, there was another letter behind my windshields. JJ was tired and wasn't paying attention so she didn't notice me taking it. Or at least that's what I had thought.

They started getting more and more personal, not only the messages but the locations. They know where Rossi lives so they probably know where JJ and I live too.

(JJ's POV)

Fran thinks I didn't notice that there was something behind the windshields last night. I didn't bring it up because I really don't wanna fight with her anymore but I am worried. Mostly because she seemed worried when she looked at it. She shoved in in the glovebox not even looking at what it was.

I trust her and I know she's not doing anything behind my back, but now I can't shake off the feeling that maybe she's in danger. There had to be a reason why she told Emily she'd do anything to keep me safe.

I woke up feeling really overwhelmed, I didn't know why though. There wasn't anything wrong in particular but I guess maybe just the last few days bottled up in me and now found their way out because as soon as I opened my eyes I started crying.

I just laid there looking out the window watching the sun rise, crying, I didn't want to wake Francesca up because I know she'd feel bad and think it's her fault so I stayed still and looked at the stars she painted for me.

My plan didn't really work because of her internal clock, she usually wakes up at this time for her morning run.

(Your POV)

I opened my eyes and turned to face JJ, she was facing away from me. I threw my arm around her waist and I felt her chest move rapidly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her softly.

She shrugged and whispered, "I don't know."

I pulled her closer into me. She might not know but I do. I know it's because of the way I am acting, the fight yesterday and everything else. But it's gonna be over soon. I'm really close to locating the person responsible and I'm gonna deal with them.

"You sure?" I asked kissing the back of her head.

She nodded, "Just overwhelmed I guess, I don't know."

"Okay, that's fine," she turned to face me and nuzzled her head in my chest.

"Are you going on your run?" She asked me.

"Not today," I whispered rubbing her back.

She nodded, letting more silent tears fall. I couldn't help but let a couple escape my eyes too. I don't act like it but I am scared, not for myself. I'm scared for her, for her kids, for our team. I can't just keep putting them in danger like that.

I quickly got over myself and just stayed there with her. We didn't talk except for a couple "I love yous" and "it's okays" here and there. It was still pretty early so after a while of laying like this we both fell asleep again.

We woke up a couple hours later, it was Sunday so we didn't have much to do. We didn't have any errands to run, that's just what we told the team to get out of dinner early.

If JJ is up for it I'm gonna take her on a date tonight. I'm putting my plan into action tomorrow and I wanna give her a fun day. All I've been doing lately is give her reasons to stress so I want her to have a break from that before it can end once and for all. After it's all over I'm gonna spend every minute of every day trying to make her happy, for as long as I live.

As soon as she opened her eyes there was a huge smile on her face and she got on top of me, leaving small kisses all over my face.

I chuckled, "Feeling better?"