Count on me

(JJ's POV)

"It wasn't fake," Amelia said.

"You're really here," I said.

"Hey I need one of you-" Emily started, walking out of her office but stopped when she saw Amelia.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked smiling.

"Why? Why would you say all those things to her?" Amelia asked.

Emily sighed, "Look, I know I might've taken it too far but the point still stands. She put this team in jeopardy."

"That's not what you're worried about, come on," Amelia said, "You knew she wouldn't do anything that could put you guys in danger."

"I don't think we should be discussing this here," Emily said.

Everyone got up and left, getting the hint from Emily. I got up too but Amelia grabbed my arm and signalized for me to stay. I sat at my desk, just listening.

"She saved your life for god's sake. Twice," Amelia said.

"And then she lied!" Emily exclaimed.

Amelia scoffed, "Really? That's the reason. You couldn't handle the fact that you didn't know about everything? That you didn't profile this?"

"Yes," Emily said.

"Emily, she would give her life for you. She put you on a pedestal all those years ago and lived by your example ever since. She freaking loves you," Amelia said, "What is it that you can't get over?"

"I just don't want what happened to Marcella happen to anyone else," Emily said.

"So you think it's her fault?" Amelia asked calmly.

"I know it's not. Just every time she acts out, all I can think of is this. If something happened to her, I couldn't handle it. If something happened to anyone else, she couldn't handle it. She worked with Ian to get to the top for god's sake. After she knew what he's done," Emily said.

"So it's about Ian now?" Amelia asked.

"Every time something happens, she gets with the wrong people. That's what this is about," Emily said.

"You're one of the only people who can actually get that. You knew Ian was a bad guy, that didn't stop you from liking him when you got to know him. You were able to look past what he did and see who he was," Amelia said, "Now yes. He was a horrible man, but Francesca knew him since she was born. Cat was her friend way before she started killing people. She was my friend too. I'd wanna go and talk to her, be able to figure out what was real and what wasn't."

Emily sighed, "I didn't even know that you're her sister."

"Emily," Amelia said, "You need to forgive Francesca."

"So you think that if I tell her that she's forgiven it'll magically stop her from spiraling?" Emily asked, "I mean I can try but."

"No. No, I am not saying that you need to go in there and pretend. I'm saying," Amelia started, "Emily I know that Francesca hurt you badly and nothing about what she did working with Ian is okay. But Emily, she's Chessie. You've loved her for years. And just the fact that she was friends with Cat-"

"It's not the fact that she was friends with her. It's the fact that she lied. Okay? She lied  repeatedly," Emily said, "She said that Cat is different with her so she doesn't see anything wrong with that. It's despicable and she doesn't deserve my forgiveness."

"Despicable? What is wrong with you?" Amelia asked.

"What is wrong with you? You're taking her side?" Emily asked.