Epiphany

(JJ's POV)

I feel like I'm on a roller coaster that I can't get off of. First everything is great, then my girlfriend gets held hostage and I think she's dead. After that she calls me and we get her back home, few hours later she collapses right in front of me.

I don't know if I have it in me anymore, I feel like I'm going to lose it. But I can't, not right now.

After I called 911 I asked Penelope to come and get the boys.

"Oh my god! Is this my fault? Because I hit her with my purse, oh my god, oh my god what have I done," she started rambling.

"Garcia!" I yelled, I so don't have time for this right now, "I need you to take the boys, please. And yeah maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to do after she just got beaten the hell out of her but I don't think that it was your fault. God why didn't we take her to the hospital immediately," I wondered.

I ended the call after Penelope agreed to take the boys and dropped them off at her place. I myself rushed to the hospital.

I was sitting in the waiting room with my back turned to her room. I heard doctors yell out different codes. I didn't know if any of them were called about Francesca and frankly, I didn't wanna know.

I noticed the nurses wheel out her bed and heard them yelling to prep the OR. Right on cue, the rest of the team showed up. I'm guessing Garcia had called them.

They all came up to me asking questions but honestly it was all kind of a blur. I was trying so hard to keep my shit together.

I could hear them talking like a background noise, I was just waiting for someone to tell me what's going on. Finally, someone did.

„Francesca DeLuca?" I heard a woman's voice say.

I shot up from my seat and walked over to her, „That's me."

„You're Jennifer?" She asked and I nodded.

„Alright, my name is Dr. Grey. I am Francesca's surgeon. She had an internal bleeding. Good news is, I was able to contain it," she started.

„What's the bad news?" I asked, not knowing if I wanted to hear the answer.

„Bad news is, while in the ambulance she suffered from a lack of oxygen. I don't know for how long so if she wakes up, she'll either be perfectly fine or there might be some damage," she explained to me.

„If?" I asked, my voice cracking.

„I'm sorry, that was a very poor choice of words. What I meant to say was that another doctor will come up in a few minutes to perform and EEG, then we'll be able to tell what's going on," she told me.

I thanked her and the doctor let me go into her room so I did. She looked so pale and weak. How can that happen? One minute she's perfectly okay and the next she's laying here lifeless.

I stood there for a few minutes watching her when the other doctor came.

Looking at her chart she said, „Hello, my name is Dr. Shepherd. I'm a neuro-„ she stopped when she looked up at Francesca.

She got pale too and backed up to the wall. I looked at her confused and she composed herself before apologizing.

„I'm sorry," she took a deep breath, „I'm a neurosurgeon. I'm going to perform an EEG, I'm sure my friend already told you?"

„Uh yeah. Dr.?" I forgot her name.

„Shephered. You can call me Amelia," she told me.

„Amelia?" I asked. Now she was the one confused.