Something just like this

We were on a case the next day. In Los Angeles. We got here pretty late so we went straight to the hotel. I was laying in a bed with JJ next to me, we were watching tv.

"Our first kiss was in a hotel room like this," she said.

"Yeah," I chuckled.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"You cried after," I said wincing.

She laughed, "Oh yeah. I did. Humbling experience, huh?" She joked.

"Oh yeah, you're pretty good at that. First was that and then I come second to cheetos," I said.

"Don't tell anyone but," she started and leaned over to my ear and whispered, "I love you more than cheetos now."

I gasped, "No way."

"Way," she said.

"No one's ever said that to me before. Now I really gotta wife you up," I said.

"Sure taking your time," she showed me her hand, "I don't see a ring yet."

"Haste makes waste, my love," I said, "Be patient."

"Do you feel lighter? Now that I know stuff about you?" She asked.

"You don't even know," I sighed, "I was so scared."

"Of what? You don't trust me?" She asked.

"No, it's not like that. I just felt-" I started but I was interrupted.

There was a knock at our door. We looked at each other, I had a worried look on my face. We didn't expect anyone and it was way past midnight. Jennifer gave me a comforting smile and nod to tell me it was okay.

I guess I'm still a little on edge. I placed my gun on the bed just in case and she took it. I walked over to the door and opened it. It was Emily. She looked at JJ holding the gun and raised an eyebrow, Jennifer locked the gun and put it back in my nightstand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, moving back to the bed.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Well, I didn't leave the door open for you to stand there," I said.

"Did you mean it in an of course Emily you're always welcome kinda way, or in a since you're already here might as well tell me why, kinda way?" She asked, closing the door and walking in.

My eyes got wide as I wasn't expecting that question. I meant it as I said it. I didn't realize it sounded mean, but I guess it slipped out because I was still a little distant with Emily. I looked to JJ.

"The first one," JJ clarified, "What's up?"

"I need to talk to Francesca," she said now looking at me, "Can we talk?"

I nodded and JJ looked at me, "Want me to leave?" She asked.

"No, no. You can stay," I looked back at Emily, "Something wrong?"

"Are we good? I know you were mad at me for not trusting you and your judgment when you asked me to visit Adams," she said.

"Yeah. It's all good," I said.

"You sure?" She asked.

"I'm sure. For the first time in forever everything is okay. I'm not gonna ruin that by holding a grudge," I said, "Just, some benefit of the doubt in the future wouldn't hurt."

"I'll try," Emily said.

JJ rested her head on my shoulder, "Trust is a powerful thing, especially in our line of work. Trust saves lives," my girl said.