Seven

The holidays went by quicker than I would've liked. Not only we had to go back to work, there was also a case. Emily was just confirming some stuff over the phone.

"Okay so it is the same MO," she said.

We were late because I couldn't find a beanie to match my sneakers. I took a seat next to Rossi, JJ sitting beside me.

"Same as who?" I asked.

"Nice of you two to finally join us," Emily said.

"Sorry, had a little crisis. So what's the MO?" I asked again.

"Ten victims so far, a two-tone Springfield Armory XD. Men with pregnant wives," Matt explained.

"Oh, sounds a lot like my lovely ex girlfriend who kidnapped me not that long ago," I said, nonchalantly.

Everyone shared looks and then looked at me. I looked at them and shrugged.

"Yeah, but she only did that to men who wanted her to kill their wives. She killed them instead. It's not her," Spencer said.

"Plus she's in max security prison," JJ added.

„That's right. And she's smarter than this person," I said looking at the file, „She studies her victims, psychologically, physically and emotionally so she can catch them of guard. These are just executions."

„She is a genius at planning and problem solving," Reid said, with an annoyed yet somehow hurt face, „She's a narcissistic psychopath, lacks empathy and she's self-aggrandized. It's also possible she has BPD, because of her childhood."

„Like you'd know anything about that," I mumbled.

„What was that?" Rossi asked.

„Nothing," I replied.

"Alright. So this person doesn't know what her motives were. But nonetheless, it is a copycat," Emily said.

I started laughing. I tried to hold it back but I couldn't. I didn't even know why it was so funny but I literally couldn't compose myself.

They all looked at me again and smiles started growing on their faces. I looked at Luke and I think he got it cause he started laughing too.

"What's going on?" Spencer asked.

"Oh my god," I said still laughing, "I am so sorry," I said getting up from my seat and living the room, Luke right behind me.

I crouched by the wall outside of the round table room trying to stop and he sat beside me.

"Dude, it's a copycat," he said and we both started laughing harder.

"Oh god, they're gonna hate us," I told him.

"I know we shouldn't laugh, there is an UnSub to catch but man," he chuckled.

"It just caught me off guard," I laughed, "Copycat," I said shaking my head and getting up.

He got up too, "Alright, let's go back," he said and we both chuckled one last time before calming down and sitting back in our seats.

Everyone looked at us again and we sat quietly. I looked down at my file to try and ignore them.

"Okay, we'll talk more on the jet. Wheels up," Emily said, „Francesca, my office?" I nodded and we went.

„What was that about Cat? What you said to Reid?" She asked.

„Nothing, you guys just don't know her. And he's talking about her childhood like he was there," I said.

„Oh and you do? She kidnapped you not that long ago. You need to let this go. She probably knows more about Marcella than you think too. Get your shit together," she ordered.