Illicit affairs

I woke up in a fight mode, JJ was still sleeping so I went outside to smoke a cigarette. I don't do that anymore but I figured why not. When I opened the door I saw an envelope on our doorstep.

I didn't even open it, I just took it and threw it straight in my glovebox. It was almost full with all the letters and pictures of my girlfriend, our kids and our friends.

By the time I locked my car I forgot why I even went outside so I went back to wake JJ after brewing us some coffee.

I kissed her cheek and whispered shaking her gently, "Baby, you gotta get up."

She groaned without opening her eyes.

"Come on, there's coffee downstairs," I told her and she opened her eyes and sat up.

I chuckled, "I knew I could bribe you with that," I kissed her lips and helped her up.

We grabbed something quick to eat and left for work, there was no case today fortunately so everything was going according to plan so far.

I was purposefully slow with my paperwork so I had a valid reason to stay late at the office. The day was going painfully slow but I got through. I went to find JJ in the kitchen.

"Hey, ready to go?" She asked me.

"Uh, I still got a stack of files. Oh and I was gonna ask. You think it'd be cool if I spent the night at Emily's?"

"Yeah, of course," she smiled and we kissed.

"Great, you take the car and I'll just go with her." She nodded and walked off.

I hate lying to her but in this case I really don't have a choice. She went home and I left a while after her, making sure she was already gone by the time I went outside.

I took a cab and got out a mile away from a cabin I own in the woods, no one knows about it. Well no one besides her. I made a mistake of taking her there once.

I took out bullets from my gun leaving only one inside and made my way there. I walked in and there she was.

"Francesca DeLuca," she stood with her back turned to me, "Long time no see, huh?" With that she turned around with a smile.

"Cat Adams. I'd say it's a pleasure to see you again, but I'm not a liar," I replied.

"Ouch," she put her hand on her chest pretending to be offended, "and there I thought you've changed. You seemed so loving on those little dates with your knew girlfriend."

"Don't pretend like you know what love is," I told her.

"Hey, last time I checked you were the one with the lack of ability to show such emotions," she exclaimed.

"Or maybe I just never loved you, ever think about that?" I said harshly.

"You tell yourself that, you just left again, you haven't changed a single bit. Still cold as ice."

"What do you want from me?" I asked her.

"Give me your gun."

"No."

"Then I guess I'm gonna have to send someone to your house. Blondie just got back home from work not that long ago right?" She said.

I took my gun and pointed it at her.

"I wouldn't do that, look," she showed me a live footage from outside of our house, "and also I'm not armed so why should you be?"

I pointed my weapon at the ceiling and shot before giving it to her.

She took it, "Go big or go home, nice. Now your phone."

"I'm not giving you my phone," I said.

"When your little friends locked me up they took everything from me, so that's what I'm gonna do with you here. Phone."