Birthday cake

„You know I could've cooked something," Amelia said leaning against the counter.

„You're better off cutting into brains. I'm not looking for a get together with your friends from fire department right now," I said.

JJ chuckled and Amelia glared at me, „Hey, I'm not that bad."

„Last time you tried to cook, I had to stitch up your hand. Good thing it was the left one," I said.

She shrugged, „At least some of your skills from med school paid off. You didn't leave a scar," she said showing her hand.

„Med school?" JJ asked, looking at me.

„Oh god. You didn't know?" Amelia looked at JJ and then me, „She didn't know?"

„Well, thanks to you, she does now."

„Why didn't you tell me?" Jennifer asked.

„I didn't do anything about it. No point in telling anyone. But yeah, I am a doctor," I sighed.

„Aren't you twenty five? How is that possible?" JJ asked.

„I finished high school at fifteen. I went to med school same time as Amelia," I explained.

„Wow, that's amazing," she said and I just nodded.

„Cool. Can I maybe go and take a shower?" JJ asked.

„Sure. Over there," Amelia pointed to the bathroom and JJ went.

„Dude, be careful with what you say," I told Amelia.

„Sorry. It's not a bad thing, I figured you'd tell her that," she said.

„It is a bad thing. Because I could've been a surgeon a long time ago instead of staying in Paris."

„You know it wasn't your fault. And you're here now, this is what counts," she said.

„I guess," I said and went back to cooking.

After a few minutes JJ came out and sat on the counter.

„God, you're hot," Amelia said.

„Amelia," I looked at her, „Filter."

„Sorry. She is though, am I supposed to lie?"

I just shook my head and JJ chuckled, „Thanks."

„So welcome," Amelia replied, „Hey did you notice we have the same type?" She asked.

„Amelia!" I exclaimed.

„What? It was an observation. I did filter," she said.

„I don't have a type," I said.

„Okay but the blue eyes, blonde hair?" Amelia asked.

„I will leave," I said.

JJ listened to out conversation with a big smile. She was enjoying our bickering.

„Am I wrong though?" Amelia asked.

„Your girlfriend and mine do have similar features, yes. But JJ would be just as beautiful with dark hair and brown eyes. I'm not with her because of her looks," I said.

„Dude, I didn't say you were," she said.

„Okay let's stop talking about her like she's not here," I said.

„Okay that's fair," Amelia shrugged.

I came up to JJ and kissed her head, „You are very hot though, she's right."

„You're not too bad yourself," she said and kissed me.

„Ew," Amelia said.

„Big baby," I shook my head and ruffled Amelia's hair, „I'm gonna shower now too, make sure the food doesn't burn," I said on my way to the bathroom.